Zone1 Ex-Pope Benedict's failing health presents difficult decisions for Vatican

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The Catholic Church has strict protocols in place following the death of its leader, but as ex-Pope Benedict's health wanes it is unclear whether those same protocols will apply to a retired pope, known as Emeritus.
When Benedict XVI resigned in 2013 citing old age, he became the first pope in 600 years to step down from the role. Born Joseph Ratzinger, the German cardinal was elected in April 2005 and chose to go by the name of Benedict.
For almost a decade there have in effect been two popes living at close quarters in the Vatican, because Benedict has stayed in the Vatican Gardens at the Mater Ecclesiae monastery and appeared occasionally alongside his successor.
"We've never had this before where a living pope will help bury a dead pope," Catholic historian John McGreevy said.

This is a unique set of circumstances all around. I didn't realize he was ill. I didn't realize that he still lived in the Vatican. I came across this:

There is something not right with this man, his eyes just show evil.

363_DevilEyes.jpg

There is something not right with this man, his eyes just show evil.

I would not put too much trust in your own words. After all, the Bible warns " Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness" --- Isaiah 5:20. . I suggest you read what Pope Benedict XVI (Cardinal Ratzinger) wrote and did before you suggest such charges. . Many holy prelates have called him the greatest theologian of the last 100 years. . E.g. “The world calls us to comfort, but God calls us to greatness.”

The Catholic Church has strict protocols in place following the death of its leader, but as ex-Pope Benedict's health wanes it is unclear whether those same protocols will apply to a retired pope, known as Emeritus.
When Benedict XVI resigned in 2013 citing old age, he became the first pope in 600 years to step down from the role. Born Joseph Ratzinger, the German cardinal was elected in April 2005 and chose to go by the name of Benedict.
For almost a decade there have in effect been two popes living at close quarters in the Vatican, because Benedict has stayed in the Vatican Gardens at the Mater Ecclesiae monastery and appeared occasionally alongside his successor.
"We've never had this before where a living pope will help bury a dead pope," Catholic historian John McGreevy said.

This is a unique set of circumstances all around. I didn't realize he was ill. I didn't realize that he still lived in the Vatican. I came across this:
They'll figure something out. The untaxed billions their business makes every year can be thrown at the problem any number of ways.

Am surprised that Mafia Pope Francis did not oversee Benedict's sad "demise" some time ago .

Would have given him more space to continue taking Christianity away from this fast sinking body.

I would not put too much trust in your own words. After all, the Bible warns " Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness" --- Isaiah 5:20. . I suggest you read what Pope Benedict XVI (Cardinal Ratzinger) wrote and did before you suggest such charges. . Many holy prelates have called him the greatest theologian of the last 100 years. . E.g. “The world calls us to comfort, but God calls us to greatness.”

LOL, I'll risk it.

Am surprised that Mafia Pope Francis did not oversee Benedict's sad "demise" some time ago .

Would have given him more space to continue taking Christianity away from this fast sinking body.

That did not take long to come true .

Good bye Christianity . RIP

Forum List

Back