Evidently the Secret Service has forgotten about the 1st Amendment.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
A reporter and his cameraman was "Lucky" enough to be in the right place at the right time and had a chance to record Michelle Obama on a morning powerwalk.

The courts have made it very clear that no one in public, including police officers and Government Officials have any expectation of privacy when out in public..

Yet what do we see here.. The Secret Service doing their best to prevent the news crew from recording Michelle's actions in public.

I'm not going to say that this was at her request... It may well not be. So for now, I'm simply going to blame this on an over protective Secret Service.

Ignorant partisan nonsense.

This in no way constitutes prior restraint.

I see your knee jerked so hard as to hit you in the chin.. I hope you didn't lose any teeth or bite your tongue as a result of it.

I didn't blame Obama.. I didn't claim prior restraint. What I did say is that the Secret Service did their best to prevent the video recording of Michelle while she was in public and that is a violation of the 1st Amendment as ruled by the courts.

Now if you want to address that, you can... That is if your eyes have stopped tearing up from the pain your face felt being hit by your knee.

No 1st Amendment violation here. Just some secret service blocking a view. A violation of the 1st Amendment would be taking the person's phone from them, and/or arresting them for filming it.

I think the secret service did a fantastic job in this instance. They were calm, polite, and still fulfilled their duty to the first lady. Nothing to see here, move along.

I see your knee jerked so hard as to hit you in the chin.. I hope you didn't lose any teeth or bite your tongue as a result of it.

I didn't blame Obama.. I didn't claim prior restraint. What I did say is that the Secret Service did their best to prevent the video recording of Michelle while she was in public and that is a violation of the 1st Amendment as ruled by the courts.

Now if you want to address that, you can... That is if your eyes have stopped tearing up from the pain your face felt being hit by your knee.

Incorrect. They did their jobs and kept people away from her. It wasn't about the videorecording it was about those "reporters" were violating the SS perimeter of their protectee. Yeah those guys take that seriously.

I'd love to see the courts decide. I'm sorry but I won't accept the opinion of someone who is self aware enough to call himself Wacky Quacky on an internet message board.

Incorrect. They did their jobs and kept people away from her. It wasn't about the videorecording it was about those "reporters" were violating the SS perimeter of their protectee. Yeah those guys take that seriously.
Please quote the law defining the security perimeter for FLOTUS.
THEN
Please reread the 1st Amendment.

She did not want anyone to film her fat sweaty ass walking

Please quote the law defining the security perimeter for FLOTUS.
THEN
Please reread the 1st Amendment.

They are authorized to protect the First Lady

United States Secret Service Protection

That YOU have a problem with the establishment of a security perimeter doesn't change the fact that it is a standard procedure

No, If the Secret Service had done their job they would have circled the first lady and blocked her from the lens of the camera, while ignoring the photographer. The Secret Service over reacted as usual.

A reporter and his cameraman was "Lucky" enough to be in the right place at the right time and had a chance to record Michelle Obama on a morning powerwalk.

The courts have made it very clear that no one in public, including police officers and Government Officials have any expectation of privacy when out in public..

Yet what do we see here.. The Secret Service doing their best to prevent the news crew from recording Michelle's actions in public.

I'm not going to say that this was at her request... It may well not be. So for now, I'm simply going to blame this on an over protective Secret Service.

Could you be any more stupid?

The video was taped and put up on youtube. The events were recorded and "reported".

You officially look like a fool.

Forum List

Back