Evidence for God?

How about it? Where is the evidence for God that is better then the evidence for Evolution? I put the cards on the table and demand an answer.

The truth is there's NO evidence for God outside of the Bible and will never be any. You can't justify "faith" for a good reason to attack Evolution as that is simply retarded. Evolution is backed up with centuries of evidence and observation that proves it without the shallow of a doubt...Perfect, no, of course not.

The big bang makes more sense as it is simple and God is complex. People bitch about how it could happen without a god! Well, think about it a little harder for a moment and realize that a god would be a billion trillion times more complex then simple physical processes over billions of years. It would be like comparing a simple acid to a human being...Still think God is more likely?

Evidence to the contrary=-?

Somehow I don't think you were there and can provide eyewitness testimony.

That doesn't mean we can't try to figure out what happened. We also weren't around to witness dinosaurs roaming the earth. But we know they did.

How about it? Where is the evidence for God that is better then the evidence for Evolution? I put the cards on the table and demand an answer.

The truth is there's NO evidence for God outside of the Bible and will never be any. You can't justify "faith" for a good reason to attack Evolution as that is simply retarded. Evolution is backed up with centuries of evidence and observation that proves it without the shallow of a doubt...Perfect, no, of course not.

The big bang makes more sense as it is simple and God is complex. People bitch about how it could happen without a god! Well, think about it a little harder for a moment and realize that a god would be a billion trillion times more complex then simple physical processes over billions of years. It would be like comparing a simple acid to a human being...Still think God is more likely?

That doesn't mean we can't try to figure out what happened. We also weren't around to witness dinosaurs roaming the earth. But we know they did.

Do tell, how so?

"How so?"... what? How do we know that dinosaurs roamed the earth? We found their remains. In a deterministic universe, there is no better or simpler explanation than to say these were creatures who lived on our planet.

The believers also need to explain why there are no dinosaurs in the Bible.

It is obvious that man made God and not God made man, or God would know this simple fact.

God knows nothing man didn't know. We know why God was so stupid, he is made-made fantasy.

It is obvious that man made God and not God made man, or God would know this simple fact.

God knows nothing man didn't know. We know why God was so stupid, he is made-made fantasy.

So you're claiming you know everything that God knows, correct? :cuckoo:

Nah, somehow, I'm of the opinion you're pretty much derp, sorry.

Unfortunately, once a person has introduced magic as a valid idea, that person no longer has to explain anything at all. "It's magic!", discussion over.

Why didn't God show up in the Americas, Australia & the Far East?

Oh that's right. The believer's God didn't know they existed.

Oh but he did, but you don't know enough about things to realize that.

Check you out some American Indian folklore sometime. ;)

And there it is, just like i said. Once "magic" has been introduced, nothing has to be explained and everything can just be dictated to have originated from God. Every religion throughout history? That was god, making an appearance, of course. How convenient. Scientists do not have this luxury. Nor do they want it.

Uh, sorry to burst your bubble, but those were different Gods with different myths. Why didn't God tell the Hebrews about them?

Last edited:
No one ever said it was easy. It took a billion years. Very difficult to do in the lab, but we have made remarkable progress.

Neeuupp.... You've not made ANY progress because it's never been done.

You can show me all these sensationalistic stories but when you read them you understand they've still not created life from inorganic materials. It simply hasn't been done.

More proof that God didn't do it. The vastness of life is too complex for a God.

LOL... You might be slightly underestimating the power of an omnipotent superbeing.

Yes, there is a moon hypothesis, but that only claims to make life on earth easier. The rest is just physics.

Say what you will, I think the moon is fairly important to life.

This is nonsense. Molecular atmospheric oxygen is not required for life. First life were anerobic heterotrophs. Oxygen atmosphere came later due to autotrophs having evolved from them.

Well, that's your theory, anyway. Still, the vast array of life we find on Earth couldn't exist without molecular atmospheric oxygen, including much of the life in the ocean. I've read the various abiogenesis theories and they pretty much all conclude the motion of the early ocean was essential in the propagation of life.

As far as your moving ocean, the ocean moves via corolis effect that is caused by earth's rotation & atmospheric weather patterns.

Mostly it's due to the gravitational forces of the moon and sun working on the ocean.

I know of no one who makes this specific claim. When people like me claim the universe is teeming with life, we mean that there are a LOT of stars out there. We also do not mean human level life.

Well when we're talking about aliens who have supposedly visited our planet and such, or who MAY visit someday... sounds to me like you're talking about human level life or greater. Yes, I am aware there are lots of stars out there. It's unlikely that any of them have more than one planet in the proper zone for life to even exist. Most of the stars out there actually have a companion star in close proximity, which would probably dismiss the chances of life on their planets because of the heat from dual or triple suns. Then there are the million or so circumstances like the moon and tides and seasons and atmosphere and electromagnetic fields, etc.

Now , it would seem to me, a reasonable type person, that before you make the claim "the universe is teaming with life" you might want to actually FIND some life elsewhere first. You know... like a simple organism or something! Because, before you've done that, if you're running around making such a claim, you sound like an insane idiot who is practicing faith in a religious belief. Just saying!

No one ever said it was easy. It took a billion years. Very difficult to do in the lab, but we have made remarkable progress.

Neeuupp.... You've not made ANY progress because it's never been done.

You can show me all these sensationalistic stories but when you read them you understand they've still not created life from inorganic materials. It simply hasn't been done.

More proof that God didn't do it. The vastness of life is too complex for a God.

LOL... You might be slightly underestimating the power of an omnipotent superbeing.

Yes, there is a moon hypothesis, but that only claims to make life on earth easier. The rest is just physics.

Say what you will, I think the moon is fairly important to life.

This is nonsense. Molecular atmospheric oxygen is not required for life. First life were anerobic heterotrophs. Oxygen atmosphere came later due to autotrophs having evolved from them.

Well, that's your theory, anyway. Still, the vast array of life we find on Earth couldn't exist without molecular atmospheric oxygen, including much of the life in the ocean. I've read the various abiogenesis theories and they pretty much all conclude the motion of the early ocean was essential in the propagation of life.

As far as your moving ocean, the ocean moves via corolis effect that is caused by earth's rotation & atmospheric weather patterns.

Mostly it's due to the gravitational forces of the moon and sun working on the ocean.

I know of no one who makes this specific claim. When people like me claim the universe is teeming with life, we mean that there are a LOT of stars out there. We also do not mean human level life.

Well when we're talking about aliens who have supposedly visited our planet and such, or who MAY visit someday... sounds to me like you're talking about human level life or greater. Yes, I am aware there are lots of stars out there. It's unlikely that any of them have more than one planet in the proper zone for life to even exist. Most of the stars out there actually have a companion star in close proximity, which would probably dismiss the chances of life on their planets because of the heat from dual or triple suns. Then there are the million or so circumstances like the moon and tides and seasons and atmosphere and electromagnetic fields, etc.

Now , it would seem to me, a reasonable type person, that before you make the claim "the universe is teaming with life" you might want to actually FIND some life elsewhere first. You know... like a simple organism or something! Because, before you've done that, if you're running around making such a claim, you sound like an insane idiot who is practicing faith in a religious belief. Just saying!

Your entire post is very problematic. At what point did you decide it was a valid point to claim that, "if we haven't already done something in the lab, then it cannot be done." That is absurd, and thank goodness no scientist feels that way.

Here's an exercise for you: Define, "life".

Believers have a huge problem with facts.

You almost never hear them talk about the fossil record. To recognize this simple fact requires that they question their faith.

To the rest of the believers, they have only one thing left. To admit that evolution is true and that their last stronghold is original creation. Even then they have to parse Genesis as allegory and not a fact, ie the Bible is to be ignored as a work of fiction.

Forum List

Back