Evidence for God?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
How about it? Where is the evidence for God that is better then the evidence for Evolution? I put the cards on the table and demand an answer.

The truth is there's NO evidence for God outside of the Bible and will never be any. You can't justify "faith" for a good reason to attack Evolution as that is simply retarded. Evolution is backed up with centuries of evidence and observation that proves it without the shallow of a doubt...Perfect, no, of course not.

The big bang makes more sense as it is simple and God is complex. People bitch about how it could happen without a god! Well, think about it a little harder for a moment and realize that a god would be a billion trillion times more complex then simple physical processes over billions of years. It would be like comparing a simple acid to a human being...Still think God is more likely?

How about it? Where is the evidence for God that is better then the evidence for Evolution? I put the cards on the table and demand an answer.

The truth is there's NO evidence for God outside of the Bible and will never be any. You can't justify "faith" for a good reason to attack Evolution as that is simply retarded. Evolution is backed up with centuries of evidence and observation that proves it without the shallow of a doubt...Perfect, no, of course not.

The big bang makes more sense as it is simple and God is complex. People bitch about how it could happen without a god! Well, think about it a little harder for a moment and realize that a god would be a billion trillion times more complex then simple physical processes over billions of years. It would be like comparing a simple acid to a human being...Still think God is more likely?
Tissue?

That's Bullshit ScienceFan.. It's MUCH easier to believe and fathom most parts of the Bible than it is the Big Bang. To believe that all the energy, all the matter, and all the in between we still don't have a handle on -- fit in a space smaller than the head of the pin ---- is AN IMMENSE leap of faith. No matter how many blackboards you fill up with equations.

The Big Bang SIMPLE??? That's a riot..

Tissue?

All tissues in the universe originated in the Big Bang. There were none before that.

That's Bullshit ScienceFan.. It's MUCH easier to believe and fathom most parts of the Bible than it is the Big Bang. To believe that all the energy, all the matter, and all the in between we still don't have a handle on -- fit in a space smaller than the head of the pin ---- is AN IMMENSE leap of faith. No matter how many blackboards you fill up with equations.

Where did God come from?

Where did God come from?

Beats me. For me it's realizing that even with ALL the science that I know -- that there's a need of HUMILITY in claiming that Science is absolutely free of "belief".. And people of faith are very humble. Subjecting yourself to the "discipline and traditions" of religion TEACHES you humility.

As opposed say to those who place their lives and futures in the decisions of mere men/women. And HAVE no humility about what they can demand by power of law.

Humility and obedience to a "higher law" is a good thing.

Last edited:
Dont' see how the 2 are exclusive. There's continual moments of awe as you understand more of nature and science the order of things. And at some point -- "faith" is required in accepting a LOT of the scientific evidence.

PROBABLY because of knowledge gaps yet to be filled. But that's where the Humility part comes in handy.

The arrogance of attempting to bash people of faith with an incomplete and ever evolving "science" view of the world is repugnant and disgusting to me. And it's usually folks who have never reached those "moments of awe" in science that REQUIRE YOU to invoke some form of humble "belief"...

Last edited:

You want to find God under the microscope? inside a petri dish?

Well you won't.

• Banned

Big bang = energy
God = intelligence and complex being.

This isn't a simple question either way.

Where did God come from?

Beats me. For me it's realizing that even with ALL the science that I know -- that there's a need of HUMILITY in claiming that Science is absolutely free of "belief".. And people of faith are very humble. Subjecting yourself to the "discipline and traditions" of religion TEACHES you humility.

As opposed say to those who place their lives and futures in the decisions of mere men/women. And HAVE no humility about what they can demand by power of law.

Religion, in the proper context can teach lots of worthwhile things, but I don't see that as the subject. If you are against evolution because the concept that natural selection could produce humans is too much for you to conceive, How much harder would it be for a God to be created? You can't prove where God came from. Using your logic, there is no reason to believe he even exists.

Well you won't.

You might.. In a lab in a lot of disciplines. See "the God particle" for instance. Or the DNA we share with viruses that make up a lot part of the human genome.. A lot of roads science goes down ends in awe and a little "belief".
Like the Big Bang for instance. Which no one human can actually fathom on any kind of reality experience level.

Well you won't.

You might.. In a lab in a lot of disciplines. See "the God particle" for instance. Or the DNA we share with viruses that make up a lot part of the human genome.. A lot of roads science goes down ends in awe and a little "belief".
Like the Big Bang for instance. Which no one human can actually fathom on any kind of reality experience level.

Well yes, at the end of the day Science and Religion are the two ends of a same cord. And they are bound to meet.

That day we will have no doubts! :thup:

Where did God come from?

Religion, in the proper context can teach lots of worthwhile things, but I don't see that as the subject. If you are against evolution because the concept that natural selection could produce humans is too much for you to conceive, How much harder would it be for a God to be created? You can't prove where God came from. Using your logic, there is no reason to believe he even exists.

In evolution for instance, it's certainly NOT an either/or proposition. Darwin failed to ascribe the ACTUAL causes of mutation that we know now. And the complex structure of DNA and all the secondary ways that genes are activated or mutated was not available to him. Being the FITTEST was the EFFECT, not the CAUSE of evolution.

Now that we know a shitload more -- it's obvious that things people fought over in the "gaps" in evolution, might NEVER HAVE EXISTED.

For instance, we now know that ACCELERATED evolution is entirely possible. This was shown in the early 20th century by CREATING 10 new species of fruit flies in a day or two.

SO -- the forces of rapid mutation could be sudden Enviro stress, Chemical exposure, or more than likely Cosmic Ray bombardment.

Now tell me -- what does State Farm or Allstate classify a massive Cosmic Ray storm as ? It's an "act of Gawd" --- right? Times in evolution where the mutation rates SKYROCKETED and "skipped" the expected "missing links"...

All this Darwin missed out on. Doesn't mean he wasn't an originator of the concept. But the normal debate pitting Gawd against Darwin is just for chumps.

It just was not this neat simple progression that most people have in their heads.

Big bang = energy
God = intelligence and complex being.

This isn't a simple question either way.

Big Bang = energy + matter + dark matter + stuff we don't even know.
God = the "order of things" -- not necessarily a "being".

I'm not religious, but spiritual and very supportive of people of faith. I see it as a STRENGTH, not a weakness. And "the order of things" includes a prescription for morals and behavior that promotes a full life. That's what most people think about as "religion". The moral codes and examples in the Bible.

In addition the "Orderer" "programmed" life as we know it thru biochemistry coding and delicate physical/material balances that keep the Universe solid, real and virtually boundless.

Well you won't.

Yep. The big bang could be nothing but bullshit, but for now, it's the best guess we can come up with. Where did you say God came from? Are you sure of that, or is it just a guess?

Well you won't.

Yep. The big bang could be nothing but bullshit, but for now, it's the best guess we can come up with. Where did you say God came from? Are you sure of that, or is it just a guess?

Star Trek -- The "Voyager" movie. An evolution of rules and order of things that creates worlds and reality.

Starts with a tiny space probe that evolves through an evolution as real as the one that created us, and becomes "an orderer and creator of all things".

He just has a Jillion head start on us..

Well you won't.

Star Trek -- The "Voyager" movie. An evolution of rules and order of things that creates worlds and reality.

Starts with a tiny space probe that evolves through an evolution as real as the one that created us, and becomes "an orderer and creator of all things".

Silly, but good analogy. How many more eons would that probe be running around the universe working on creating a God after successfully creating the much less complex man?

Well you won't.

Silly, but good analogy. How many more eons would that probe be running around the universe working on creating a God after successfully creating the much less complex man?

Ahhh... You want complexity huh? :badgrin: How much more capable and complex has MAN gotten in the mere 200,000 past years or so.. Our ability to CREATE complexity is rapidly expanding. Soon to point where we might make machines that make US irrelevant.

That's just 1000 yrs or so of ANY real progress. So if we and our creations survive for a measly million years, where do you think "complexity" will be?

So the Star Trek V'ger story isn't too far off from describing a DIFFERENT kind of self-evolving machine that COULD end up creating, destroying, inventing and dictating terms of how things work on a gawd-like scale. Just need enough time.:biggrin: And maybe a few alien interventions on the travel route of this "being"..

Last edited:
Minor amount of alcohol involved in that, but it's sound answer to where "the orderer of all things" COULD come from.. :alcoholic:

Only a minor amount? I don't have a problem with your theory. I'm far from thinking it is correct, but I'm not prepared to tell you it's not worth you researching, if that's what you or others might want to do. However, that's far from saying we don't have all the answers, so therefore God.

Forum List

Back