Everybody wants $19 a month charity season is here

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Just 63 cents a day!

The cancer kids, the sad animals, the disabled veterans, now even the ACLU is doing it.

Who came up with this number anyway, do they all use the same marketing company?

LOL.....Have you noticed how Biden's inflation has driven that number up from just $11.00 a month?

Just 63 cents a day!

The cancer kids, the sad animals, the disabled veterans, now even the ACLU is doing it.

Who came up with this number anyway, do they all use the same marketing company?

LOL.....Have you noticed how Biden's inflation has driven that number up from just $11.00 a month?
Haven't noticed anything like that.

Send $19 a month or the Dog gets it!

1702385654588.jpeg

Just 63 cents a day!

They watchin' too much T. V. to escape the doldrums of the Biden Hoot House ....

just donate locally

Simple.

I buy cases of good pet food for the animal shelter, and I go into the grocery store and fill a cart for my local food pantry.

Also, every time someone here on USMB goes on a whiny scree about Mike Lindell, I go to his web site and buy one of his wonderfully warm bathrobes and donate it to a local disabled Veteran.

There's a maternity home in ND who takes my donation out of my debit card monthly so a mother somewhere has an alternative to abortion, and ditto for the Coalition For Canceled Priests, so a priest who has lost everything because he tells the truth about the leftist boy-raping fake priests gets a meal and a warm bed.

Just 63 cents a day!

Funny how none of the heart rending ads ever tell you how much the CEO's of these "charities" stuff their pockets with.

The REAL target is to get you to agree to a monthly draw on your credit card, no matter how small. Once they have that, they have a relatively stable revenue stream so they can do whatever it is they intend to do. As a DONOR, your concern should be that your donation money goes primarily to the purpose that you support, and not to fundraising and administration.

I wonder how much of that donated 19 dollars a month actually goes to its intended purpose.

I only donate to st Jude hospital because kids and families get travel and treatment free. They openly state 82 cents of every dollar goes to the hospital needs. And because the families aren't charged I can at least know the money is being used for its purposes.

I used to do remodel and handyman stuff for a older woman that used to be a senior vice president for a bank for like 40 years. She volunteered for a large annual charity running their finances for them. She quit the first year when she found out some really low percent went to the charity. The rest was used to pay event organizers, advertising, and to pay the people who ran the charity. So they would cheer for raising say 1 million dollars for a charity but only like 10% of it actually went to the charity.

The REAL target is to get you to agree to a monthly draw on your credit card, no matter how small. Once they have that, they have a relatively stable revenue stream so they can do whatever it is they intend to do. As a DONOR, your concern should be that your donation money goes primarily to the purpose that you support, and not to fundraising and administration.

I found that out the hard way.

I was in the army and my mom donated to the wounded warrior project trying to do something good. This was years ago.

Year or more ago she developed Parkinson's and slight dementia to the point I took over all her finances and set all her bills up and such.

After digging through her different accounts I found where originally donated 200 bucks to wounded warriors. Well it was in a account she didn't ever use, it wasn't a primary. Looking back they took every month 200, then 300, then 600, when I saw it they had taken 1,150 dollars. They took like 43,000 dollars from her but due to her declining health she didn't pay attention or was aware.

I called them and the response was "she gave us permission, we can take what we want" then tried to guilt trip me by saying "don't you want to help wounded veterans".

I went back and forth with her bank for 3 days trying to get the money back. Finally they just closed the account and opened a new one and transferred the money when we realized we weren't getting it back.

In the end they stole from her and there was nothing I could. I was so fucking angry and mad at them, I was hateful everytime I spoke to them.

I'll never forgive them for that shit. Not just because they stole from my mom, but because they did it under the guise of helping veterans which really burned my biscuits.

I'll never, ever give my personal info to a charity.

I have been so bombarded by this stuff that now I ignore them all. I give to a local scholarship fund for the area youts. That is my charity.

Just 63 cents a day!

Isn't it amazing that The Coalition of Christians and Jews are always begging money for the Israelis but you never see them asking for money for any Christians?

Just 63 cents a day!

And you see the same spokespersons or actors shilling for different charities or whatever raising the question of just how organized is it? Too many 'charities' spend 90% or more of their proceeds on advertising and administration so that very little of the donated money goes to the recipients they claim to be helping.

There are some great charities out there: St. Judes, Salvation Army, Boys Town are a few. But even those I think might spend to much on promotion/advertising.

But far more distressing are the scammers who tug at your heart strings with photos of some poor kid in a hospital bed who needs life saving treatment or surgery. But investigation shows the same kid, maybe digitally altered in appearance, used for many other 'desperate' situations. In some cases the kid was digitally created or in others he is now all grown up.

Bottom line. Check out those asking for your money if you really want to actually help people.

Forum List

Back