Everybody, quick! Move to Wisconsin!!

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Madison - Thursday's U.S. Supreme Court leaves Wisconsin without a plan for setting up a key insurance marketplace called for under the federal health care law, and Gov. Scott Walker said Thursday he would not move to create one anytime soon.

The ruling also had far-reaching effects for state programs that provide health care for the needy, such as BadgerCare Plus. The decision allows states the possibility of more federal money under the law but weakens the leverage that the federal government has to force expansions of the programs.

The plans for the insurance marketplace, called an exchange, are due to the federal government in January 2013, and Gov. Scott Walker's administration had announced late last year that it was stopping the work putting together such a plan. Walker also turned down $38 million in federal money that could have gone to implementing the federal health care law in Wisconsin.

High court decision will affect state health programs - JSOnline

Read the entire decision Boop. States may have the ability to OPT OUT of Obamacare.

Does that make the individual mandate a mute point? Since my state of Oklahoma and 16 other states have alread passed an OPT OUT law, look for another 15 states to do so very soon.

You're celebrating may be premature...

Since I speak American-English with a southern dialect, I'll try and elaborate for you.

I am not celebrating, I am just waiting for the ENTIRE decision to be digested. And by the way, the State of Oklahoma returned 54 Million dollars that was sent to it to do the same thing as Wisconsin.

I find it fascinating...

Read the entire decision Boop. States may have the ability to OPT OUT of Obamacare.

Does that make the individual mandate a mute point? Since my state of Oklahoma and 16 other states have alread passed an OPT OUT law, look for another 15 states to do so very soon.

You're celebrating may be premature...

There is no "opt out" of the healthcare plan. If a state opts out, they will not receive any federal funding, and will require that state's taxpayer to flip the bill for the mandated coverage that is now required.

Forum List

Back