Every rival Catholicism has ever had eventually died out...

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Blackrook, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Blackrook

Blackrook Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,871
    ...and so will Protestantism.

Protestantism cannot be believed by an intelligent, educated man who uses his facilities of reason and applies them to his own religion.

The first hurdle, I think, is to explain how Christ got it wrong, but King Henry VIII and Martin Luther King, got it right.

This hurdle alone should cause an intelligent, educated man to question his faith if he is a Protestant.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. BlackFlag

BlackFlag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,198
    Every religious person thinks theirs is the correct one. Religions older than Catholicism think the same thing, that they've outlived a bunch of other religions and Catholicism is going to be another one dying off.

3. Blackrook

Blackrook Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,871
    I don't think you are very informed if you think that.

But if you know a specific religion that feels this way about Catholicism, please share with me the name of that religion.

4. ESay

ESay VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +196
    First of all, if one applies facilities of reason, then they should doubt Christianity per se as their own religion.

Second, Protestantism has many denominations varying significantly from each other. And saying that Protestantism is wrong as a whole without specifying what exactly you mean is sensless thing.
    If we would be speaking about Christianity as a whole and choosing which denomination most strictly adheres to Christian philosophy and Christs teaching, then I would name Menonnites.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. norwegen

norwegen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,376
    What did Christ get wrong that Henry VIII and MLK got right?

6. Mike Dwight

Mike Dwight Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    That's funny post. You mean because they kill all the nonbelievers and throw ancient Roman Triumphs afterwards, right? Why would Christ be Rome-centered? Its about how far in before you feel really stupid, I'd feel real stupid. Martin Luther King you're funny again. Or you mean Martin Luther the protestant reformer whom Martin Luther King was named after by his father in the US of A?

7. BreezeWood

BreezeWood VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +750
    Every rival Catholicism has ever had eventually died out...

upload_2018-10-8_21-37-2.jpeg

no, armageddon, the victory of evil has not yet occurred - persecuting and victimizing the innocent has yet to kill them all. they, the innocent have persisted and will do so to the end.

8. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,672
    Christ was long gone before Christianity was organized. He did not personally found Christianity. What Henry VIII and Martin Luther King did happened way later on and each had a personal reason for doing what he did.

Remember that the eastern and western branches of Christianity had split by 1054 C.E. I wonder what the Orthodox think of all of this.

9. pinqy

pinqy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    The Armenian Apostolic Church, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, the Syriac Orthodox Cutch, and the Indian Orthodox Church would be very surprised to hear they’ve died out. Perhaps you should inform Pope Tawadros II of the Coptic Church personally. Oh, and I almost forgot the Assyrian Church of the East.
    They all split after the Council of Chalcedon, so that’s, what, one and a half thousand years in in which they haven’t died out? I don’t think 76 million believers is “died out”

And that’s not even mentioning the 250 million people in the Eastern Orthodox Churces

10. Mike Dwight

Mike Dwight Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Luckily we all united under one banner... Chalcedonism!!! Huh?! Right?! That's right! The Chalcedonic creed and trinitarianism of the 300 ads unite the world in song and sword! except the Mormons... and the c optics... and the Ethiopians... and the Unitarians...

Those people aren't quite right if you really think about it. you could stop somewhere around 'syriac'.

Christ has a Scottish nature and a British human nature and the Union from the Scottish and the British leaves the two totally unconfused. There can Be Only One.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018