Ever Eat A Nut Goodie?

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
A nut goodie is a round flat candy bar...looks like a cow pie. It was my favorite candy bar as a kid. It had a hint of maple flavor too. But I've noticed that people in other areas have never even heard of a nut goodie...why is that?

They are made by the Pearson company in st. paul MN...but you would thunk they would get shipped everywhere.

They also make the pearsons salted nut roll which is awesome as well. That candy bar has a mascot named dudley P nut.

DudleyPnut.jpg

A nut goodie is a round flat candy bar...looks like a cow pie. It was my favorite candy bar as a kid. It had a hint of maple flavor too. But I've noticed that people in other areas have never even heard of a nut goodie...why is that?

They are made by the Pearson company in st. paul MN...but you would thunk they would get shipped everywhere.

They also make the pearsons salted nut roll which is awesome as well. That candy bar has a mascot named dudley P nut.

View attachment 769886
Never heard of it in the SW or west coast.

We had them here but they were sold under the BUN name.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.s9XABb3jmxI4LhQjzmViNAHaFM%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=9d107fa218d87db98fbf8ae9083c9a70f876f5a84edd477628e810152a0e6514&ipo=images

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0269/2121/products/pearson-bun-maple_1200x1200.jpg?v=1572272104

They used to be great back in the day....Now they're crap.

Fun fact: The Pearson candy factory used to be about a mile from the country club I caddied at....George Pearson was a member there...I caddied for him a few times.....Had golf balls that said "Georgie baby".....A great and gentle man.

Since the salted nut roll had no chocolate...I would take a bite & throw in a square from a hershey bar...it was fabulous!

That's it. Now doesn't that look like a cow pie?

You can still buy a case of them (or the BUN variety) here for $35.00.

They used to be great back in the day....Now they're crap.

Fun fact: The Pearson candy factory used to be about a mile from the country club I caddied at....George Pearson was a member there...I caddied for him a few times.....Had golf balls that said "Georgie baby".....A great and gentle man.
Did you kiss his balls for good luck?

When I was a kid, they were about the size of a hubcap

I remember that too...but wasn't that because we were smaller back then? Everything seemed so big.

I was amazed to see my old grade school teachers at a funeral and for the first time I was looking DOWN at them...they all seemed so tall when I was little.

When I was a kid, they were about the size of a hubcap....Could share one with your little brother and still have a big candy bar.

My parents used to tell me of the candy bars they got for a nickel. If the Nut Goodies were better long ago, the likely reason is because back then, all they had was good, wholesome ingredients and the FDA had not yet discovered all the new synthetic chemicals they now put in them like Soy Lecithin, Modified Soy Protein, beta-h-fructosidase, and Artificial Maple Flavor.

My parents used to tell me of the candy bars they got for a nickel. If the Nut Goodies were better long ago, the likely reason is because back then, all they had was good, wholesome ingredients and the FDA had not yet discovered all the new synthetic chemicals they now put in them like Soy Lecithin, Modified Soy Protein, beta-h-fructosidase, and Artificial Maple Flavor.
Nut Goody was my mom's favorite....She says they went south in the early 80s.

I hate that. Don't companies understand that people want quality more than anything else? I'd gladly pay a premium for a top quality all natural candy bar like my parents got, which they said were as big as a baby's arm, and I don't doubt them.
There's a confectioner that makes nut rolls that are as good as the original Pearson's.....They show up in the stores in north Wisco at irregular intervals, and I always buy about ten of them.

Ooooo....Just found them on Amazon....

Amazon product

I hate that. Don't companies understand that people want quality more than anything else? I'd gladly pay a premium for a top quality all natural candy bar like my parents got, which they said were as big as a baby's arm, and I don't doubt them.

All candy bars was twice as big as they are now and only cost a nickel.

Forum List

Back