Ever been in love?

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
C'mon. It's the internet! Anonymous and brutally frank.

I've been in two long-term relationships (still in the midst of the second) and I must honestly answer 'nope'. Not so much. I've found nothing like a 'soulmate' in this world. I know others have, but it does seem like the exception to the rule.

What say you?

Once.

There are many kinds of love. Our hearts can hold much. But there was only one true soul mate. I thought. Until he decided it would be a good idea and maybe even fun to fuck his cousins best friend.
I kicked him to the curb after I sic'd my doberman on him.

Took me a long long long time to get over that kind of love. Now I love my current spouse...but it's a different kind of love.

So you are wondering what it feels like to be in love or how long it takes to know you are in love? Or if there is such a thing as a soul mate?

If you have to ask, you haven't found it yet. When it happens, you'll know.

Yes. I married her. She is my soulmate. She makes me a better person.

Good to hear!

Did you know right away? Or grow into the idea?

After not talking to her or seeing her for a year, I knew when I next saw her.

We were very good friends long before we were romantically involved. I like to say that I have two best friends and I married one of them.

Hmmm... well, when you put it that way....

Yeah?

Why?

I'd rather be searching for the person who drives me wild rather than settle for someone else.

Yeah. I hear that call.

As Gracie said, there are different kinds of love.

I have been in love twice, the 1st was the frantic, selfish, greedy love, the kind that breaks you apart.

The 2nd was the build you up, hold you close type. I married the 2nd:

But never settle for anything less than love.

I've been in two long-term relationships (still in the midst of the second) and I must honestly answer 'nope'. Not so much. I've found nothing like a 'soulmate' in this world. I know others have, but it does seem like the exception to the rule.

What say you?

Sounds to me like you're in love with love, that initial infatuation that eventually goes away and is replaced by something deeper and more meaningful, if you let it.

What say you?

Sounds to me like you're in love with love, that initial infatuation that eventually goes away and is replaced by something deeper and more meaningful, if you let it.

Hmm... now that's getting the thing I'm most curious about.

Forum List

Back