Even Romney's "charming family anecdotes" are lies?

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
Secret audio puts Mitt and Ann Romney’s ‘favorite family story’ in question

Speaking to supporters at the Irvine, California home of private equity fund owner David Horowitz, Romney responded to remarks about Ann when he explained:
David, you mentioned Ann, and the fact that she insisted that I get in this race. That is the truth. I wanted to talk it over with her. And every time I’d say, ‘Let’s talk about the pros and cons,’ she’d say, ‘Talk to the hand, talk to the hand. We’re just doing this. We’ve got to do it.’ And so she absolutely insisted that I get in this because she was convinced that I was the only one that had the capacity to beat President Obama and then to get the country on the right track.

However, Romney’s claim about Ann’s never-gonna-question-it resolve appears to contradict what the couple has been telling audiences since 2008 — the most recent instance of which came during an interview Ann sat for last month with NBC host Jay Leno.

“Four years ago I made a video tape,” Ann told Leno. “On the video tape, I looked into the camera and I said, ‘Mitt, this is for you, sweetheart. I’m never doing this again,’ I showed it to him and he looked at it and he said, ‘You know, Ann, you say that after ever pregnancy.’ Which is true.”

Seriously? They can't even get a favorite family story straight?

Forum List

Back