Even an asshole can save a life

When my father died his corneas along with other tissues were donated. Three months later, my family got a call from one of the recipients. The man his corneas went to held his first job under Pop at the family printing shop. It was the first bright spot after Pop's passing.

When my father died his corneas along with other tissues were donated. Three months later, my family got a call from one of the recipients. The man his corneas went to held his first job under Pop at the family printing shop. It was the first bright spot after Pop's passing.

that is an awesome story

thanks for sharing

by brother in law

when he died he passed his corneas on to a child

who is doing great these days

I dearly hope that no one in my family donates organs. I would be tempted to track that person down and rip that organ right out of their bodies and bury it with my family member.

Isn't anybody bothered by the creepiness of being kept alive by the body parts of dead people? Does the word "Frankenstein" have any meaning?

My husband was on the liver transplant list. It was his decsion.. I went to his testing appointments and asked a person that got a liver if it ever bothered them that they had the organs of a cadaver inside them. I was told, they didn't think about it. But if they DID think about it. The vital organs of a dead body. Right from the cemetary. No wonder they don't think about it.

As it turned out the liver transplant was unnecessary.

Isn't anybody bothered by the creepiness of being kept alive by the body parts of dead people? Does the word "Frankenstein" have any meaning?

My husband was on the liver transplant list. It was his decsion.. I went to his testing appointments and asked a person that got a liver if it ever bothered them that they had the organs of a cadaver inside them. I was told, they didn't think about it. But if they DID think about it. The vital organs of a dead body. Right from the cemetary. No wonder they don't think about it.

Life saving tissue that would just decompose and be utterly worthless. Yet you think about Mary Shelly's gothic novel complet with grqverobbers.

Does scientific achievement pay any dividends you approve of without resorting to ignorant superstition?

They are graverobbers aren't they. The technical term from stealing from the dead is "ghoul". Would you want to be a ghoul and carry around the body parts of dead people?

There are many kinds of scientific achievement. Did you approve of giving syphyllis to black men appropriate because it led to scientific achievement? How many lives did that experiment save?

I have been a donor since 1980's. Reminds me of old song by John Prine. Give my knees to the needy, give my eyes to the bind, throw my brain in a hurricane, put my socks in a cedar box, get em' out here.

They are graverobbers aren't they. The technical term from stealing from the dead is "ghoul". Would you want to be a ghoul and carry around the body parts of dead people?

There are many kinds of scientific achievement. Did you approve of giving syphyllis to black men appropriate because it led to scientific achievement? How many lives did that experiment save?
False equivocation. Donated organs represent an absolute good. Tissue worthless to the dead continuing to maintain, even improve life for the living.

Human experimentation has its downside from Mengle to the venerial disease experiments in the south.

I can't persuade you to become an organ donor. But I can think of you as incredibly selfish and motivated by ignorance and superstition. So it's a win for all those reading this thread. Tipsycatlover exposed as a heartless, headless shrew.

As it turns out, not every asshole can save a life.

Donated organs represent the pinnacle of grave robbing. Grave robbers would steal the pennies off a dead man's eyes. The Nazis took the gold from the teeth of the dead. Now it's been elevated to taking the organs from the "almost dead" because really dead doesn't work. The people have to be still alive, barely, but they die during harvesting.

Donated organs represent the pinnacle of grave robbing. Grave robbers would steal the pennies off a dead man's eyes. The Nazis took the gold from the teeth of the dead. Now it's been elevated to taking the organs from the "almost dead" because really dead doesn't work. The people have to be still alive, barely, but they die during harvesting.
You are woefully ignorant about this whole subject.

What's the expression? Better to be silent and assumed to be a fool than open one's mouth and remove all doubt

I dearly hope that no one in my family donates organs. I would be tempted to track that person down and rip that organ right out of their bodies and bury it with my family member.

Every so often one of you freaks plants a flag and proclaims to all that you're not just politically off base, but also deeply disturbed.

no not really

i am a complete organ donor

i would hope and pray that my body parts

that i would no longer need would help others

either through harvested body parts

or for training purposes in the medical field

Forum List

Back