Evangelicals Bully Air Force Cadets

I enjoyed this part:
"Our daughter was methodically brain washed into believing that she was unsaved in the Catholic religion," the anonymous parents wrote in an email to the MRFF. "During spring break 2009, she urgently asked that we read the Bible everyday in order to 'receive the grace of God and be saved.' This manner of speech took us completely off guard."

:eek: Shocking!

• Banned
I enjoyed this part:
"Our daughter was methodically brain washed into believing that she was unsaved in the Catholic religion," the anonymous parents wrote in an email to the MRFF. "During spring break 2009, she urgently asked that we read the Bible everyday in order to 'receive the grace of God and be saved.' This manner of speech took us completely off guard."

:eek: Shocking!

Apparently you're all good with it, Missourian. That First Amendment just seems so frail around here lately.....

Color me skeptical.

USAFA cadets get there, for the largest part, via congressional appointment....I'm finding it difficult to believe that such large cross section of cadets, from such a broad cross section of the national selection of HS grads, end up being Pentecostal evangelicals.

Well, we are talking about the Air Force here, folks.

Soldiers, Marines and Sailors handle things a bit differently. :drillsergeant:

• Banned
Color me skeptical.

USAFA cadets get there, for the largest part, via congressional appointment....I'm finding it difficult to believe that such large cross section of cadets, from such a broad cross section of the national selection of HS grads, end up being Pentecostal evangelicals.

Ya, I know Oddball. It is a strange story. Is the Air Force especially small? I wonder how any one group of people with nothing but religion in common could "take over" like is claimed.

Yet this is apparently not the first group of cadets to report the phenom. From 2005....

BBC NEWS | Americas | 'Religious bullying' at US academy

• Banned

I'm currently serving in the US Air Force. Never been to the academy though, so I can't really speak on that.

Plus, I was raised Pentecostal so I probably wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary. If this is going on, it's a shame however.

What good guy you are, uptownliving. I had an uncle in the Air Force, a lieutenent I think, but I am 100% positive he is long since retired. May I ask, where are you?

And thankies for your service to our country.

I'm currently serving in the US Air Force. Never been to the academy though, so I can't really speak on that.

Plus, I was raised Pentecostal so I probably wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary. If this is going on, it's a shame however.

What good guy you are, uptownliving. I had an uncle in the Air Force, a lieutenent I think, but I am 100% positive he is long since retired. May I ask, where are you?

Thank YOU ma'am. Currently stationed in Dover. Signed up for six years.

Color me skeptical.

Ya, I know Oddball. It is a strange story. Is the Air Force especially small? I wonder how any one group of people with nothing but religion in common could "take over" like is claimed.

Yet this is apparently not the first group of cadets to report the phenom. From 2005....

BBC NEWS | Americas | 'Religious bullying' at US academy

It is the hardest branch to get in to. Only about 10% of high school graduates on average are eligible to join from what I heard. They're very picky about who is accepted. The process just to enlist for me lasted almost seven months, and that's with JROTC experience. It's a very vigerous process to get to BMT alone, then after that it's really smooth gravvy, you just got to get past the MTI's and the physical aspect of it, which is the easiest of the various branches.

It's the branch that offers the best educational opportunities, benefits, and lifestyle as well.

I was planning on going to the academy but I chose not to simply because it's way to demanding. I had alot of things going on in High School where I couldn't do everything I wanted to community wise and volunteer-wise that the Air Force Academy would have liked me to do, simply because I've had to juggle school and work since I was 14. I still wish I could have though. I'm scared that I might force one of my future children to do so to live my childhood through them, but hell, I guess they'll be better of for it.:lol:

Last edited:

Okay, I admit it. I dun know where Dover is and my Google Fu has failed. Delaware?

(Imma geo idijit...*laughs*)

Okay, I admit it. I dun know where Dover is and my Google Fu has failed. Delaware?

(Imma geo idijit...*laughs*)

:lol: Yes ma'am. Dover AFB in Delaware.

This has been a long time problem at USAFA. I believe several cadets sued the academy a few years ago for the evangelical precense which they felt had permeated the academy and was a violation of the establishment clause, but I am too lazy too look it up.

Something to consider: USAFA and "Focus On The Family" are both in Colorado Springs.

Are you a southern gent by birth, uptownliving?

Yes ma'am. Born in Meridian, Mississippi. Raised by a deeply religious mother who's family hails from Western Kentucky. We moved to the DC Metro area when I was 14, but I still had a southern upbringing. I'm a southern gent around ladies and my elders especially. . outside of that I can cuss like a sailor. In front of an elder or a woman I wouldn't dare and I mind my manners to the T.

It's funny though, I made alot of friends in Maryland when I moved up there and none of them could understand why their parents loved me to death.:cool:

Last edited:
This has been a long time problem at USAFA. I believe several cadets sued the academy a few years ago for the evangelical precense which they felt had permeated the academy and was a violation of the establishment clause, but I am too lazy too look it up.

Something to consider: USAFA and "Focus On The Family" are both in Colorado Springs.

How bizarre-o. The cadets couldn't just call their Senators' offices and vent? It's hard to understand how this could go on.

Is Focus on the Family the group that hounds gay people to hell and back?

Forum List

Back