EV maker slashes prices as it tries to avoid bankruptcy

I'm glad you fessed up that your figure of 13% was a tall tale. .. :thup:
But you still included mandatory state government purchase of EV vehicles.
What is the % of EV's (excluding hybrids) bought by public consumers?
The 13% figure is estimate of EV sales for this year like I posted.

All sales are sales.

Name an EV manufacturer increasing production to meet increasing demand.
The pace of increase of EV sales has slowed, but not stopped or decreasing. 1.2 million were sold last year and expectations are for 2 million this year.

Tesla Bulls Turn Bearish As 'Nightmare' First Quarter Comes To An End​

FacebookTwitterLinkedIn
Tesla (TSLA) bulls expect Q1 to be the first official disappointment of a difficult 2024 with the global EV giant heading toward a likely delivery miss. In addition, full-year earnings predictions have dropped 94 cents since the end of 2023. TSLA shares edged lower Thursday.

Tesla Bulls Turn Bearish As 'Nightmare' First Quarter Comes To An End​

FacebookTwitterLinkedIn
Tesla (TSLA) bulls expect Q1 to be the first official disappointment of a difficult 2024 with the global EV giant heading toward a likely delivery miss. In addition, full-year earnings predictions have dropped 94 cents since the end of 2023. TSLA shares edged lower Thursday.
MSN

"E. V." means a vehicle that uses electricity to turn the wheels.
There are an extraordinary number of these on roads and they are increasing daily, but they are invisible in this tread because what everyone is fixed upon is the image of a big metal box that weights too much, takes up too much space, has too much power and costs too much.
The reality is that huge numbers of people in the world have discovered, and more are discovering, the immense utility of electrically assisted velocipedes, mostly two-wheelers. They shorten commute times, lighten shopping loads, deliver children to schools and provide tremendous enjoyment for millions of people.
One of the errors in this discussion is that there must be one solution for all places and situations and that it must replicate what has so far evolved. The intractable position that everyone has to have a three hundred horsepower behemoth for "E. V."s to be successful holds us back.
If people continue to want to go from point A to point B independently, at their leisure, when they choose, that can probably be accomplished with drastic reduction of the deadly pollution petroleum power causes. Small, light, fully enclosed cars could fill a large part of this desire and bicycles another big portion. While this may not be for everyone, everyone must come to see that past is past and the future must be different if we are to have one.

"E. V." means a vehicle that uses electricity to turn the wheels.
There are an extraordinary number of these on roads and they are increasing daily, but they are invisible in this tread because what everyone is fixed upon is the image of a big metal box that weights too much, takes up too much space, has too much power and costs too much.
The reality is that huge numbers of people in the world have discovered, and more are discovering, the immense utility of electrically assisted velocipedes, mostly two-wheelers. They shorten commute times, lighten shopping loads, deliver children to schools and provide tremendous enjoyment for millions of people.
One of the errors in this discussion is that there must be one solution for all places and situations and that it must replicate what has so far evolved. The intractable position that everyone has to have a three hundred horsepower behemoth for "E. V."s to be successful holds us back.
If people continue to want to go from point A to point B independently, at their leisure, when they choose, that can probably be accomplished with drastic reduction of the deadly pollution petroleum power causes. Small, light, fully enclosed cars could fill a large part of this desire and bicycles another big portion. While this may not be for everyone, everyone must come to see that past is past and the future must be different if we are to have one.
uhm-----what about the SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION problem?

Rivian reportedly loses $30k on every EV they sell, and that includes the fact they have added costly, mandatory "options" that add ten grand to their already high price.

But they make wonderful vehicles. They are fast, useful, stylish, convenient, and extremely inexpensive to operate. "We" should be pulling for companies like this, not bad-mouthing them and wishing they would go bankrupt.

Many companies go through periods when they lose tons of money, but the business model eventually pulls them out of the fire and they thrive. Amazon was a failed company that sought to compete successfully against Borders and Barnes & Noble, but they figured it out, and are now a retailing behemoth.

Libby (above) has not met one person who supports EV's????? She needs to get out more. I love my Tesla Model 3, and everyone I've met who drives one, new or used, feels the same way. With discounts and tax credits, I bought this fantastic M3-beater for a little over thirty grand, and I fill up in my garage, overnight, once a week for about $10.

Yeah, I support EV's.

The electrical won’t.

Forum List

Back