Euthanasia being supported

Right.

I am noticing a trend on these healthcare threads.

First you display ignorance, then when corrected, you display smilies.

so,, again,, for the umpteenth time,, I ask you,, the dems propose cutting 500 billion dollars from medicare! now who will be denied treatment?? and who will likely suffer and die from this denial?? doyathink?? We will wait.

oh and while you are at it,, show where i've been corrected. somehow I don't feel corrected.

You were corrected about using steroids as an empiric treatment for back pain.

I cited the study from 1976 on the NIH website that demonstrated that it is ineffective.

So is that what this bill is saying? That they will offer this counseling to seniors in order to cut medicare costs?

Jamie

so,, again,, for the umpteenth time,, I ask you,, the dems propose cutting 500 billion dollars from medicare! now who will be denied treatment?? and who will likely suffer and die from this denial?? doyathink?? We will wait.

Why don't you tell me?

BTW "suffer and die from this denial" is not "euthanasia".

You are talking about lack of care versus a specific procedure.

LONDON, July 31, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - In a case that is being hailed as a victory for proponents of assisted suicide, Britain's Law Lords have ruled that the public prosecutors must "clarify" current law on the issue. The House of Lords judicial committee ruled yesterday that the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for England and Wales must issue "guidance" on when and in what circumstances the law making it a criminal offense to assist suicide will be prosecuted.
Britain's Law Lords Rule in Favor of Assisted Suicide Seeker

It's a seperate topic than the regular fear mongering that is going on with the current situation, but physician assisted suicide is legal in Oregon and has been utilized by only a handful of patients.

Underlying PAS is a patient's right to autonomy in making a decision over their life (as opposed to someone making it for them) and of being of sound mind to make the decision. I can't link the entire JAMA article, but here is the abstract:

Requests for physician-assisted suicide are not a new phenomenon, and many physicians are likely to face this challenging situation. This article proposes for professionals an 8-step approach to respond to requests for physician-assisted suicide. The approach seeks to identify and treat the root causes of the request and aims to present a plan for consistent application of a set of clinical skills. Justification for the steps requires only 2 noncontentious principles: the patient should be free of unwanted intervention, and the physician is obligated to provide suffering patients with comfort care. Care based on these 2 principles alone does not include physician-assisted suicide. The approach does, however, justify patient refusal of oral intake in specific circumstances. The approach could resolve a majority of requests for physician-assisted suicide and should be tested further for clinical efficacy.

JAMA -- Abstract: Facing Requests for Physician-Assisted Suicide: Toward a Practical and Principled Clinical Skill Set, August 19, 1998, Emanuel 280 (7): 643

you are quick to call it fear mongering and slow to explain why the dems want to cut 500 billion dollars from the medicare program and then explain who will be denied care! :lol::lol:
Please, show us evidence of the $500 Billion to be cut from Medicare.

oh and while you are at it,, show where i've been corrected. somehow I don't feel corrected.

You were corrected about using steroids as an empiric treatment for back pain.

I cited the study from 1976 on the NIH website that demonstrated that it is ineffective.

no I wasn't all you showed me is that "some" studies showed it had no benefit,, not that it wasn't used. next!

LONDON, July 31, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - In a case that is being hailed as a victory for proponents of assisted suicide, Britain's Law Lords have ruled that the public prosecutors must "clarify" current law on the issue. The House of Lords judicial committee ruled yesterday that the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for England and Wales must issue "guidance" on when and in what circumstances the law making it a criminal offense to assist suicide will be prosecuted.
Britain's Law Lords Rule in Favor of Assisted Suicide Seeker

It's a seperate topic than the regular fear mongering that is going on with the current situation, but physician assisted suicide is legal in Oregon and has been utilized by only a handful of patients.

Underlying PAS is a patient's right to autonomy in making a decision over their life (as opposed to someone making it for them) and of being of sound mind to make the decision. I can't link the entire JAMA article, but here is the abstract:

Requests for physician-assisted suicide are not a new phenomenon, and many physicians are likely to face this challenging situation. This article proposes for professionals an 8-step approach to respond to requests for physician-assisted suicide. The approach seeks to identify and treat the root causes of the request and aims to present a plan for consistent application of a set of clinical skills. Justification for the steps requires only 2 noncontentious principles: the patient should be free of unwanted intervention, and the physician is obligated to provide suffering patients with comfort care. Care based on these 2 principles alone does not include physician-assisted suicide. The approach does, however, justify patient refusal of oral intake in specific circumstances. The approach could resolve a majority of requests for physician-assisted suicide and should be tested further for clinical efficacy.

JAMA -- Abstract: Facing Requests for Physician-Assisted Suicide: Toward a Practical and Principled Clinical Skill Set, August 19, 1998, Emanuel 280 (7): 643

you are quick to call it fear mongering and slow to explain why the dems want to cut 500 billion dollars from the medicare program and then explain who will be denied care! :lol::lol:

I suppose you did not read the thread that spoke about what these cuts were to medicare but you are just parroting again what someone else told you to say?

I support 100% these particular cuts to medicare.....

maybe you should look up what the cuts were for and you would be praising congress as well for making them, instead of lying through your teeth implying that these cuts are because we are going to be killing off our seniors...sheesh willow, how low will you go for the sake of partisanship? Honestly?

Care

I suppose you did not read the thread that spoke about what these cuts were to medicare but you are just parroting again what someone else told you to say?

I support 100% these particular cuts to medicare.....

maybe you should look up what the cuts were for and you would be praising congress as well for making them, instead of lying through your teeth implying that these cuts are because we are going to be killing off our seniors...sheesh willow, how low will you go for the sake of partisanship? Honestly?

Care

no careforbitch,, I did not read it,, perhaps you could point through your lying teeth to where it is??? so do you care to enlightenme or just call me a liar huh? bitch?

still haven't explained the 500 billion dollar cuts to medicare and who will suffer..

no careforbitch,, I did not read it,, perhaps you could point through your lying teeth to where it is??? so do you care to enlightenme or just call me a liar huh? bitch?

A.) You have stated $500 billion in cuts. I can't find a justification for that number anywhere. Perhaps you could provide it.

B.) You have stated that the cuts will result in denial of care for patients. I can't find that stated anywhere. Perhaps you could provide that as well.

I know it is a lot to ask you to back up your claims with some sort of evidence, but I am sure you are up to the task.

A.) You have stated $500 billion in cuts. I can't find a justification for that number anywhere. Perhaps you could provide it.

B.) You have stated that the cuts will result in denial of care for patients. I can't find that stated anywhere. Perhaps you could provide that as well.

I know it is a lot to ask you to back up your claims with some sort of evidence, but I am sure you are up to the task.

so if care is not denied why are the cuts necessary doyathink? ponder that

Anyone remember Charten Heston and Edward G. Robinson in "Soylent Green"? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbJTBBoDFH0[/ame]

Last edited:
so if care is not denied why are the cuts necessary doyathink? ponder that

I am not going to do your scutwork for you anymore.

Can you support your claims, or are you just speculating?

you don't read much do you? or listen much either???
Obama: No reduced Medicare benefits in health care reform - CNN.com
President Obama tried Tuesday to alleviate senior citizens' concerns about health care ... now retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... 4 3 hikers detained in Iran named; 5 'Funny People' No. ...

here,, a whole page to read and look at.. and also,, I've heard it mentioned and discussed many times on the Televison..

Obama to cut 500 billion from medicare - Google Search

Last edited:
Euphanasia?

Is that a euphenism for euthanasia?

Or a strange new language, related to ebonics?

Forum List

Back