EU Reassures China over Plans To Lift Arms Ban

Discussion in 'Europe' started by onedomino, Mar 18, 2005.

1. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    I am not sure if the following story is accurate. It is, after all, filed by an AFP reporter from the EU Brussels Politburo. If the EU goes forward and sells weapons to the totalitarians in China, then the US should immediately halt all military technology transfers to the participating EU nations. The weapons that the EU sells to China will be pointed at Americans defending democracy across the Taiwan Strait. Certainly, this would greatly please the French. Observe that America’s Asian allies (e.g., Singapore, Australia, India, and Japan) do not plan to sell weapons to the commissars in Beijing. Only America’s political enemies in the EU plan such cynical behavior. Let there be no mistake: punitive actions against the EU should also include the UK if it goes ahead with its threat to participate in the EU-China arms bazaar. Such action would mean, among many punitive details, that the UK and Italy would forfeit their participation in the F-35 Joint Strike-Fighter program. http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/jsf/ If the UK sells weapons to the Chinese, then it should be prepared to sacrifice the sixty RN F-35C-STOVL aircraft it intends to obtain from America to replace its aging Sea Harrier jump jets. This would render UK aircraft carriers virtually obsolete. Instead of the first tier technology JSF, UK aircraft carriers would have to continue to utilize obsolete Sea Harriers (used, for example, in the 1982 Falklands war with Argentina). Why should countries that give succor to our enemies receive out best military technology? It is time to play hardball with the Brussels Politburo. The US Congress should pass a preemptive law outlining the military technology repercussions of EU weapons transfers to China.

2. taff

taff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Your hatred for the UK still revolts me you little keyboard cyber warrior.You keep harping on about the f-35 deal as if we depend on it.Get a grip.The norm is we make and use our own equipment. I have heard nothing in the UK about deals with China so in the future please wait till there has been a deal before you condem us.Prick.

3. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
  4. taff

taff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    And if our military equipment is so poor then we were dam lucky in the Falklands then werent we?Which other country of our size could have achieved victory so far away from home with such a small contingent sent to complete the job?

5. taff

taff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    If i slagged America would i not be personaly attacked.You persistantly attack Britain so i will always bite to your posts.

6. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Having a hard time with reading comprehension, daft? I am criticizing British government policy, not attacking Britain. If the EU carries through with its threat to sell weapons to China, then the danger to US service personnel in the Taiwan Strait will increase. Moreover, the threat to Taiwanese democracy will intensify. Americans realize that many Europeans could not care less about increased Chinese threats to US service personnel and Taiwanese democracy. Thus American policy and law must be such that the EU understands what will happen if it sells weapons to China: US military technology transfers to the offending countries will end. Since you think that Britian makes its own military equipment, then you have no need to be worried. I can assure you, however, that the Royal Navy does not share your view.

7. taff

taff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You are attacking Britain as you are not just criticizing Britain you are also suggesting taking action against Britain by not selling us equipment.It goes both ways as you use our aging harriers also.What exactly do you think your policy to Britain should be, do as we say or else.Like i said before.Prick.

8. taff

taff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Quick now cyber warrior.Run off and find some links to hit me with.

9. taff

taff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    In fact you should ask for an anti British thread to be opened just for you.Not just cos of this thread but because of your constant whining about Britain.Are you of Argentinian descent by any chance?

10. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    It's not my suggestion, daft. The termination of American military technology transfers to the EU as a result of arms sales to China has been suggested by members of the US Congress. I agree with them. Discussion with you, however, is pointless. You do not address the issues; you engage in personal attacks.