Escaping hamas

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
aris2chat You cannot just copy and paste an article. You need to add your own commentary to the opening post and paste just an excerpt with a link to the site. Please remedy this by the end of the day. Thanks, Taz

‘Israeli kindness changed my life,’ says Hamas escapee
timesofisrael.com/israeli-kindness-changed-my-life-says-hamas-escapee/
By Elhanan Miller
A Palestinian teenager was arrested in Tel Aviv in late 2006 for illegally entering Israel. It was the third time the 15-year-old from Nablus had crossed into Israel, fleeing his abusive father. Now the 24-year-old openly gay convert to Christianity is fighting for his life to remain a refugee in Canada.

The boy belonged to an aristocratic family, in Palestinian Islamist terms. His maternal grandfather, Said Bilal, was the head of the Muslim Brotherhood in Nablus, who oversaw the activities of its Palestinian branch, Hamas. His uncle, Muaz Bilal, was condemned in 2002 by an Israeli court to 26 life sentences for dispatching suicide bombers into downtown Jerusalem in the late 1990s, killing 21 Israelis and injuring 300 in two separate attacks. Two other uncles, Bakr and Obada Bilal, a military Hamas field commander and an explosives expert respectively, were released from Israeli prison as part of the Shalit prisoner swap in October 2011.

Trouble at home began when the teenager began questioning the beliefs and actions of his parents, both ardent Hamas supporters.

“I ended up having a big fight with them, and ran to Israel,” the youth, now 24 years old, told The Times of Israel in a phone conversation from Edmonton, Canada, where he eventually sought political asylum. A tragic experience in an Israeli prison cell that night sparked a chain of events which would turn the teenager’s belief system upside down, leading him to convert to Christianity and change his Arab name to John Calvin, after the 16th century French theologian.

F111018YZ01-e1420510542988-635x357.jpg

A Hamas prisoner released as part of the Shalit deal embraces his family member in Ramallah, October 18, 2011 (photo credit: Yossi Zamir/Flash90)

Last edited by a moderator:
aris2chat You cannot just copy and paste an article. You need to add your own commentary to the opening post and paste just an excerpt with a link to the site. Please remedy this by the end of the day. Thanks, Taz

‘Israeli kindness changed my life,’ says Hamas escapee
timesofisrael.com/israeli-kindness-changed-my-life-says-hamas-escapee/
By Elhanan Miller
A Palestinian teenager was arrested in Tel Aviv in late 2006 for illegally entering Israel. It was the third time the 15-year-old from Nablus had crossed into Israel, fleeing his abusive father. Now the 24-year-old openly gay convert to Christianity is fighting for his life to remain a refugee in Canada.

The boy belonged to an aristocratic family, in Palestinian Islamist terms. His maternal grandfather, Said Bilal, was the head of the Muslim Brotherhood in Nablus, who oversaw the activities of its Palestinian branch, Hamas. His uncle, Muaz Bilal, was condemned in 2002 by an Israeli court to 26 life sentences for dispatching suicide bombers into downtown Jerusalem in the late 1990s, killing 21 Israelis and injuring 300 in two separate attacks. Two other uncles, Bakr and Obada Bilal, a military Hamas field commander and an explosives expert respectively, were released from Israeli prison as part of the Shalit prisoner swap in October 2011.

Trouble at home began when the teenager began questioning the beliefs and actions of his parents, both ardent Hamas supporters.

“I ended up having a big fight with them, and ran to Israel,” the youth, now 24 years old, told The Times of Israel in a phone conversation from Edmonton, Canada, where he eventually sought political asylum. A tragic experience in an Israeli prison cell that night sparked a chain of events which would turn the teenager’s belief system upside down, leading him to convert to Christianity and change his Arab name to John Calvin, after the 16th century French theologian.

F111018YZ01-e1420510542988-635x357.jpg

A Hamas prisoner released as part of the Shalit deal embraces his family member in Ramallah, October 18, 2011 (photo credit: Yossi Zamir/Flash90)

There is no edit option.
My comment is that I would like to see more like him.

Forum List

Back