Erecting gods

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Since the dawn of time, man has been erecting gods to worship.

And in the assumed vacancy of a physical god, man has stepped in to assume the role with disastrous results. First man claimed to be a god, then he claimed to speak for God, and today he tells us that there is no god, thus making himself the ultimate power once again. This atheistic position then helps deify the man ruler as a god like man as we see men like Lenin and Mao being preserved under glass, as if their immortal body will never leave us to protect us somehow.

So what of the future? Will the new god be a combination of robotics and AI? Will this be the anti-Christ?

I think man has essentially conceded that mankind needs a ruler/God/higher power to guide and direct them. This I think we all can agree upon. The only question becomes, who is the best candidate?

And in the assumed vacancy of a physical god, man has stepped in to assume the role with disastrous results. First man claimed to be a god, then he claimed to speak for God, and today he tells us that there is no god, thus making himself the ultimate power once again. This atheistic position then helps deify the man ruler as a god like man as we see men like Lenin and Mao being preserved under glass, as if their immortal body will never leave us to protect us somehow.

So what of the future? Will the new god be a combination of robotics and AI? Will this be the anti-Christ?

I think man has essentially conceded that mankind needs a ruler/God/higher power to guide and direct them. This I think we all can agree upon. The only question becomes, who is the best candidate?
Some of us still prefer democracy to authoritarian rulers like Lenin and Mao.

Iron Man.

But these "democracies" are all Progressive in nature as they try to centralize power to a small group of people or one person.

No, mankind innately desires a king.

But these "democracies" are all Progressive in nature as they try to centralize power to a small group of people or one person.

That would be tramp, not the democrats.

Personally I think it should be Barrack Obama.

and-the-people-bowed-and-prayed-to-the-neon-god-19389843.png

Personally I think it should be Barrack Obama.
o-THE-BIBLE-SATAN-OBAMA-facebook.jpg

hahhahah--no we don't all agree to that
I don't need a god to direct me
..anyone that needs a god/etc to direct them is:
Funny-Sheep-Facts-1200x800.jpg

..god/religion is MAN MADE = fake/not real/etc
..it's like being directed by Jim Jones or hitler

..the church was wrong about:
Galileo/etc
they tortured people
committed ''sins''/stealing--sacked a Christian city for $$$$$$!!!
Siege of Zara - Wikipedia
..all over the US raped and molested CHILDREN--and then their hierarchy tried to cover it up---and people want to be directed by THEM??!!!!!??????

Interesting, but i doubt any new gods or religions come along. The age of modern, scientific enlightenment has eliminated the need for them. All we have now are either people walking back the scope of their goofy, magical religions, or strident people doubling down on their goofy, magical religions in the face of a modern world that makes no intellectual space for them, and in which their magical nonsense is both useless and pushed aside in favor of better ideas. In neither case will people be compelled to invent new religions or gods.

Thankfully you don't speak for mankind. Some of us are grown ups and don't need a father, king, or god to tell us what to do.

I don't see progressives as wanting to centralize power any more than conservatives. You seem to want to centralize power in a king, are you a progressive?

Interesting, but i doubt any new gods or religions come along. The age of modern, scientific enlightenment has eliminated the need for them. All we have now are either people walking back the scope of their goofy, magical religions, or strident people doubling down on their goofy, magical religions in the face of a modern world that makes no intellectual space for them, and in which their magical nonsense is both useless and pushed aside in favor of better ideas. In neither case will people be compelled to invent new religions or gods.

Which is why I conjecture man creating a god with his new technology.

AI, along with robotics, could create their god with more knowledge and power than all before it.

After all, don't people seek the most enlightened and intelligent to vote for.................Mwhahaha!

No, seriously.

Think of it, a being with the most knowledge of anyone that has ever existed!!

And as we all know, knowledge is power.

Think of that power! It will make politicians today look like chimps..............er............um..............yea, they already do, but you know what I'm getting at, right?

Last edited:

Thankfully you don't speak for mankind. Some of us are grown ups and don't need a father, king, or god to tell us what to do.

I don't see progressives as wanting to centralize power any more than conservatives. You seem to want to centralize power in a king, are you a progressive?

Grown ups? So you are saying man does not need government?

Are you an anarchist?

And I will gladly drop the Progressive/conservative labels as they are more often than not used incorrectly which bastardizes their use.

But to not see how governments become increasingly centralized, like the US government, is mind boggling.

Tell me you are joking.

Just think Progressives! You could create a god that is completely built by scientists and who can be given all facts that they can recall without even thinking. Imagine a bot that knows everything there is to know about health care, the economy, climate change, etc.!

Would you not swoon over the chance to lie prostate before it as it "solves" all of your problems?

After all science is the answer, right?

Grown ups? So you are saying man does not need government?

A certain amount of government is inevitable.

The question is, do intelligent men and women need to be governed?

Why do we need government? Is it not to "protect" us?

And what does intelligence have to do with it do you think?

Really, the issue is morality and freedom. A free person must exercise moral constraint so as not to violate the freedom of others, otherwise, the society must impose it on them in the form of such things as prison or fines.

In other words, monitor your own actions in a moral fashion or the state will be forced to do it for you.

Or at least that is the concept which often goes awry.

Last edited:
The atheists tried their atheist churches and I guess they failed. We do not hear much about it anymore. Now. they have The Satanic Temple. I wonder how many people will die within that group?

Forum List

Back