Epoch Times

Discussion in 'Media' started by Skull, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Skull

Skull Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +270
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. TheParser

TheParser Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +647
    Thank you for reminding me of the Epoch Times.

I agree with you.

People who want the news presented in a calm and civil manner might want to check out its attractive website.

Of course, there is one caveat: The newspaper is owned by practitioners of Falun Gong, which is outlawed in China. So when reading stories about China, one has to remember that fact.

3. Skull

Skull Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Yes, but there are other reasons to be anti-communist & conservative besides FG. That is like saying because the Moonies founded the Washington Times all its coverage is suspect.

4. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,437
    I might give this news outlet a try. I'm always looking for good news sites and channels.

If you have HBO, I highly recommend their nightly news show that comes on Mon through Fri, at 6:30 pm CST.

They are pretty good at reporting the news and leaving personal opinions out of it.

5. Skull

Skull Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +270
  6. Skull

Skull Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +270
  7. Skull

Skull Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +270
    How Communist China works to destroy Epoch Times:

Dear Contributor,

We are emailing you to express our deepest gratitude for your contribution to The Epoch Times. It is a long battle we are fighting, and thank you for standing with us.

Your encouragement and support are what keep us going day after day.

To learn more about our mission & history, please click here:
    http://helpepoch.com

For the last 14 years, we have tried to create revenue with an advertisement-based business model alone. However, it wasn't successful because:

1. Since we work tirelessly to expose the evil deeds of communism, The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has been threatening almost all of our major advertisers from working with us (thus leading to canceled contracts). The CCP has also pressured the major ad agencies away from giving us advertisements (good, old fashioned financial censorship at work).

2. Many large U.S. companies have business ties with China. Many of them have decided not to work with us (even though they know that we can provide them with business benefits) in order to not upset the Chinese regime.

3. Several of the large tech giants are trying to break into the China market, and have therefore given us trouble digitally, such as by not letting readers find us based on search suggestions, etc.

4. The CCP has hired people to steal our newspapers, steal our newspaper boxes, spread mis-information about us (going so far as to claim that we work with the CIA), jailed and tortured our China-based journalists and vandalizing our offices. Basically, they have pulled out all of the stops to try and stop us from exposing communism's vile deeds here in the U.S. and around the globe.

In so saying, we are now actively switching to a Subscription+Donation business model in order to expand The Epoch Times (and be able to serve more readers who are looking for unbiased news and positive features).

We are doing our best to grow as quickly as possible, so that we can serve you with better content and analysis in a more timely manner.

Thank you again for your support!

Best regards,

Teresa Y.
    Manager of Circulation
    The Epoch Times

8. BasicHumanUnit

BasicHumanUnit Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,080
    People complain about the Media.....but when an alternative is presented they say.....

"Nah....I'll just keep getting my nooze where I always have"

Lemmings.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,515
    I like the epic times