Environmentalists

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
I hate supporting one side or the other, but this is one issue which environmentalists just do not have as much knowledge in as they think, so I have to side with the conservatives, sorry, but that's what being moderate is about. However I do hope some discussion on these will arise just to see the views on it.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. <=- Not for the wak stomachs.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. <=- I use to think Recycling was good, but now I see it's not.

I'd just as soon punch a hippy as sit next to one but I'm a tyrant to my children if they leave litter or trash laying around or dump stuff that can be disposed of properly.

I'd just as soon punch a hippy as sit next to one but I'm a tyrant to my children if they leave litter or trash laying around or dump stuff that can be disposed of properly.

I would be the same way. Litter sucks, it's ugly and I hate tripping over it. But really, so many of the environmentalists are just ... fanatics, but they aren't doing anything for the world.

I'm an environmentalist.

One which helped cause an international comglomerate tens of millions of dollars cleaning up a mercury laden mess that was polluting the Penobscot River.

Does that make me a fanatic?

I rather thought that made me a good citizen.

A conservative citizen, in fact.

Watch the movie links I posted to see what is really getting accomplished. The stats are compiled into a nice neat little format speckled with a touch of their 'humor' (really Pen and Tellers humor is an acquired taste as they are more sarcasm). They love blowing up myths.

Let's see...you're basing you opinion on Youtube videos...my on my own personal experiences.

Now, do I trust Pen and Teller more than I do my own experiences?

Let me ponder that a while and get back to you, okay?

ponder ponder

Okay.

Nope, I trust my own experiences much more than I do their opinions.

*shrugs* My own experiences also agree with P&T, but since neither of us know what the other is nor if their experiences are really what they post, sometimes it's nice to have another persons perspective to support that side of the argument. P&T are debunkers, much like Myth Busters and other such shows. These shows always get a bad name because they don't worry about feelings, they look at facts and science. However, whichever you choose to believe is your own choice. I am just sick of our taxes being wasted on garbage that doesn't work and only lines the pockets of some scumbag (like Gore) who is just conning people and taking us all for suckers.

*shrugs* My own experiences also agree with P&T, but since neither of us know what the other is nor if their experiences are really what they post, sometimes it's nice to have another persons perspective to support that side of the argument. P&T are debunkers, much like Myth Busters and other such shows. These shows always get a bad name because they don't worry about feelings, they look at facts and science. However, whichever you choose to believe is your own choice. I am just sick of our taxes being wasted on garbage that doesn't work and only lines the pockets of some scumbag (like Gore) who is just conning people and taking us all for suckers.

You place no value on clean water??? :confused:

You place no value on clean water??? :confused:

Okay, awake now, I need to stop my coffee buzzes.

Anyhow, I wasn't saying that clean up is a bad thing, it's the environmentalists that are pushing to take away rights of people (and I am not one of the people they are effecting much) and yet all these laws and changes they are pushing for do almost nothing but waste tax money. Clean up is just common sense for industrial accidents. Accidents happen, all we can do it work to decrease the chances of them happening. But one example, as P&T show, recycling is not doing anything. I was for all this environmental garbage until I saw the facts that P&T had gathered. Recycling causes just as much pollution but costs more, and with the laws being passed we are having our right to have that money put to better use taken away from us.

I would be the same way. Litter sucks, it's ugly and I hate tripping over it. But really, so many of the environmentalists are just ... fanatics, but they aren't doing anything for the world.

I don't believe you've looked into all the good that enviornmentalists have done. Do a little research on what they've made the government do. Subscribe to a magazine such as National Wildlife Federation to learn what enviornmentalists are doing.

Your rights extend only to where my feet begin. Do you honestly think that you have the right to put toxins in the water I drink, or the air that I breathe?

:clap2:
I'm an environmentalist.

One which helped cause an international comglomerate tens of millions of dollars cleaning up a mercury laden mess that was polluting the Penobscot River.

Does that make me a fanatic?

I rather thought that made me a good citizen.

A conservative citizen, in fact.
:clap2:

And this blue collar liberal applauds your efforts. The desire to have a clean and safe environment is not a political issue, it is an issue of human rights.

Forum List

Back