Environmentalists want us to stop Air travel now...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Sep 21, 2005.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/D8COL13O4.html

Where is the evidence that humans are causing climate change? They have yet to show any. Yet they demand governments beleive their bullshti and create laws that hinder capitalism. Hmm sounds alittle fishy doesnt it. Sound like communism's secret weapon. Its been working for about 30 years now. Who knows what damage it can cause in the next 30 if we let it go at the current rate.

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    I wouldnt mind a climate change. its going to be too cold soon.

3. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    There was a story put out recently about climate change on Mars. I wonder how that is Bush's fault.

4. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Slightly off topic, but I wouldn't mind seeing a drastic reduction in air traffic. You can't say that hinders capitalism, because the airlines are all bankrupt last I looked.

I fly a lot and I'd rather be surrounded by other experienced travelers than a bunch of yahoos, their kids, their dogs and cats (I am not making this up) and their inability to even get in and out of their seats without some sort of a soap opera. It's like being on a Mexican bus. All because these bankrupt airlines sold them a ticket for $25 on the internet.

Without all these frivolous travelers it would be a lot easier and more efficient to have proper security precautions rather than the anarchy offered us by the FAA and TSA.

If it reduces pollution, that's nice too.

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    IVe often wondered, why dont the airlines simply raise prices? IF they are losing money then raise your prices. Those that still need to fly will and those that don't want to spend the money won't but you will cover your costs. Obviously they need to cut the fat as well. Trim the number of employees, the number of flights, etc till you can operate under budget. When the freaking government bails them out though, it offers ZERO incentive for them to do so. Exactly like welfare but with big business.

6. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Yep, corporate welfare to the max!

If security is such a concern you'd think the government would rather have smaller numbers of travelers to secure. So many of these travelers have no business going anywhere more exotic than the local Walmart.