English Language Requirement for Store Front Signs in Predominately Asian Community

The next time someone smells smoke the fire department can say "call back when the flames can be seen from the street".

If they're having to put up english language requirement signs then that is a sign that our government is failing to properly assimilate immigrants.

The government needs to get off its ass and start managing immigration. Swinging the border doors wide open and then walking away is immensely stupid and dangerous.

political correctness at it's highest idiocy

signs should have English in order to understand what is written there , duh

So they're going to be forced to use a certain language? Geez, everyone is over in another thread complaining about a (false) story where Seattle want to force people to use or not use certain words,

certain language. I'm surprised those same people aren't complaining about this.

are you an idiot?

The same thing happened in an Asian enclave in New York. It isn't a service for non asians. Its so emergency workers, police, firefighters and ambulances can locate the emergency.

Since the change in signage is primarily for their benefit, why make them change ? If they don't want emergency workers to find them, so what. Screw 'em.

And they say the right are not compassionate or caring for anything not righty...

Don't ever insinuate or accuse me of being compassionate. It is offensive.

If they don't want anyone to find them, neighbors will direct the police to the body when the smell gets bad. They should not be forced to put up a recognizable sign. Just forgo the unwelcome visit from the non asian speaking authorities.

Since we no longer promote assimilation and are now promoting division, fuck it.

Irish, Italian, Polish etc...assimilation is pretty easy. (Lose the accent. Done)

Japanese, Indian, Chinese, hell blacks....not so much. (Lose the color? Cant.)

Its so easy sometimes not being a minority, isnt it [MENTION=34298]Mac1958[/MENTION]

Generations of immigrants assimilated and did wonderfully in America.

Now suddenly it's too hard.

I have far more faith in people than you do.

What EXACTLY do you mean by assimilate? I know what the dictionary says it means, but what does it mean to you here in this instance...?

Uh... not really. They use Romaji on signs because it's:

A: Aesthetically pleasing.
B: Roman Alphabet can be seen from Greater Distances than Kanji.

I just got back from a trip to Little Chinatown in NY yesterday. All the businesses had signs in Chinese but it seemed most of them ALSO had a sign in English (although smaller) advertising their services. Little Italy was the same way.

The only business I saw with only signs in Chinese was a shipping company that apparently ONLY does business with China.

What? Aesthetically pleasing? Are you insane? Easier to read? Are you crazy?

Where did you get that info?

Note. THEY USE BOTH

Fuck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jap...nm8wS1zoDADw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672
P

your mad? why?

Is there some reason why people on message boards can never discern the difference between annoyance and anger? You pulled some statements out of your ass. It is annoying. Try harder.

The same thing happened in an Asian enclave in New York. It isn't a service for non asians. Its so emergency workers, police, firefighters and ambulances can locate the emergency.

Since the change in signage is primarily for their benefit, why make them change ? If they don't want emergency workers to find them, so what. Screw 'em.

And they say the right are not compassionate or caring for anything not righty...

Don't ever insinuate or accuse me of being compassionate. It is offensive.

If they don't want anyone to find them, neighbors will direct the police to the body when the smell gets bad. They should not be forced to put up a recognizable sign. Just forgo the unwelcome visit from the non asian speaking authorities.

OH I know the right is all aobut the right. That is why you lost the last two elections.

:eusa_whistle:

Please, continue.

Note. THEY USE BOTH

Fuck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jap...nm8wS1zoDADw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672
P

your mad? why?

Is there some reason why people on message boards can never discern the difference between annoyance and anger? You pulled some statements out of your ass. It is annoying. Try harder.

It means [MENTION=44192]Vox[/MENTION] is losing again and has nothing to back up anything he has said. Again.

Note. THEY USE BOTH

Fuck.

P

your mad? why?

clearly mad. why?

your mad? why?

It means [MENTION=44192]Vox[/MENTION] is losing again and has nothing to back up anything he has said. Again.

zona-echo - one more of the mad libtards?

zona-echo - one more of the mad libtards?

Thanks for playing.

Take a trip to Japan. All highway signs have the locations and distances written in "romaji", which is the English pronunciation and number system. They do this as a service to foreign visitors.[/url]
Uh... not really. They use Romaji on signs because it's:

A: Aesthetically pleasing.
B: Roman Alphabet can be seen from Greater Distances than Kanji..

What on earth gave you either of those ideas?

I fail to see how the English ordinance is unconstitutional. The safety argument does make sense. If an ambulance or something is called and they can't read the signs I can see the issue.

Don't addresses have numbers on them? Make sure the street names are in English and the address numbers are prominently displayed and you're all set.

Since we no longer promote assimilation and are now promoting division, fuck it.

Irish, Italian, Polish etc...assimilation is pretty easy. (Lose the accent. Done)

Japanese, Indian, Chinese, hell blacks....not so much. (Lose the color? Cant.)

Its so easy sometimes not being a minority, isnt it [MENTION=34298]Mac1958[/MENTION]

Maybe you should study a little US History before posting again on the subject.

The signs should be dual language, with the English version being at least 33% by area for reasons of emergency services, etc. This will also provide a handy way for the immigrants to learn some English words, seeing them side by side with their native words. Although most immigrants can speak English perfectly fine.

Most places have signs that are also in English because it just makes good business sense.

Forum List

Back