Energy policy failure

Discussion in 'Energy' started by mdn2000, Jan 2, 2011.

1. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Energy Policy. Why is it Congress, the President, and the Bureaucrats in Washington that determine the United States energy policy.

Given the track record, its a complete failure. Yet each President and Congress gets to change whatever they see fit based on who gives them money or their ideals.

Of course, elite, rich Democrats and elite, rich Republicans are very disconnected from the American public, they are snobs, who know best for all of us, yet they make policies that are now suppose to complete reverse the direction of the United States.

It is clear to many of us their solutions are complete failures. Much of the bailout of Wall Street and the Banks covered the investments they made in oil. That is our cost, the tax payer's cost. Our labor going to the elite investors, the elite investors are Congress, they covered their losses with a temporary bridge or crutch, over a trillion dollars. I bet they are currently selling off massive amounts of stocks while the market is high, at the same time they are encouraging us to invest.

So what are the energy policies that will save us and are they proven anywhere. Are there examples of Congress being successful with energy policy.

As I see it, Energy has become pure politics and we must take Energy Policy away from the politicians in Washington D.C.

That is our only hope for a future.

The housing crash is the Scapegoat, pure and simple, our entire economy crashed on Housing, pure hog wash.

One must follow the money, more money is spent and made on energy (next to making money on money like banks and the Federal Reserve).

Take energy policy away from the influence of Congress and the President.

Energy prices should be going down, not up, its only politics that keeps the price artificially high.

Coincidently, this is post 3,000 for me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,391
    Congrats on #3,000. :thup:

You've put a lot into that post with a few short paragraphs. But I think the biggest failure is in the short-sighted knee-jerk reaction of each successive administration and Congress.

A proper inventory needs to be taken, weighing the strenghts and weaknesses of various energy supplies while balancing economic and political realities. Reward success but temper it with realistic environmental standards.

I've been involved in the energy industry for over 30 years and am continually baffled by the reluctance to embrace domestic hydrocarbon development while we implement policies that do little more than encourage reliance on foreign sources.

Cheap energy has its pitfalls. Markets aren't perfect but it beats price controls.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Energy policy, did we ever find out what the Bush/Cheney energy policy was?

$5 gas?

4. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,391
    Energy policy is much more than the price at the pump. Is it more important to salve the public with $1/gallon or should we look at the bigger pictures of national security, trade deficits, and a stong economy?

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Truth, but you did not answer my question.

6. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,391
    Is that one question or two? Are you asking if the Bush era policies are the cause of the soon-to-be seen $5 gas? One at a time- I'm kinda hung over. :D

7. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    I am in the Energy industry as well, we do Non-Destructive Analysis on Metal. My boys are all over me so I must ad the smiles as they choose, please ignore the smiles. Anyhow I wonder if I have crossed paths or if a co-worker has crossed paths, I have worked for Combustion Engineering, Babcox and Wilcox, and Westinghouse. I or people I work with have worked on any and every form of energy created, except maybe wind.

8. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    First and foremost its Congress that set energy policy, each congress does pass an Energy Bill. I am searching for Energy Bills.

Presidents are too many times scapegoats, Congress, lets look at what Congress is doing.

9. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,391
    Where's the smilies? :D

Nah- I'm a small taters guy coaxing a few barrels out of the ground. But over the years I've worked with local, state, and national associations regarding legislation. I'm currently involved in education and public relations efforts in our state.

10. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Obama, is anyone going to remember this guy as anything but a prick Marxist. What does Obama know about energy, how in the hell do we give the politicians to rape us. How did they get this power over us, the politicians dictate what we pay for electricity, for gas, for everything, Obama will decide everything about our power industry needs an overhaul. Like no Smart Meters and Compact Fluorescent lights. Even the wire that have served us, the power lines are all wrong, everything in the USA must be rebuilt and replaced by the smart Liberal Democrat Marxists.

Liberals are bad for our country. They are bad for our future. Liberals are so bad they are bad for our light bulbs.

Senate unveils energy bill, doubts on passage | Reuters