End of ISIS? Putin 'sending 150,000 soldiers to Syria to WIPE OUT evil Islamic State'

We'll never get a foothold in the region again; once Vlad has set up shop. Thanks Obama...

We'll never get a foothold in the region again; once Vlad has set up shop. Thanks Obama...
Don't need a damn foothold. Need to worry about shit at home and take care of our citizens and our veterans etc.
While I agree with your post; I do feel that lack of influence in the region will lead to Russia gaining the power to influence the worlds oil markets. And that will have a serious effect on America, and her ability to pursue our interests.

While I agree with your post; I do feel that lack of influence in the region will lead to Russia gaining the power to influence the worlds oil markets. And that will have a serious effect on America, and her ability to pursue our interests.
And the truth slips out, IT'S ALL ABOUT OIL!

Good for Russia

Let someone else take on the terrorists for once

Quite strange information that you can't find this somewhere else. Maybe it is just a rumors?

Quite strange information that you can't find this somewhere else. Maybe it is just a rumors?
The story appears to be speculative and based on a recent announcement of an increase in Russian reserves, including the creation of at least three new "Science" (technology) units. Both the Moscow Times and the NY Times have articles relating to this increase in conscripts. That the troops may indicate ground forces in Syria is the speculative aspect, but maybe someone has a viable source that says otherwise.

The story appears to be speculative and based on a recent announcement of an increase in Russian reserves, including the creation of at least three new "Science" (technology) units. Both the Moscow Times and the NY Times have articles relating to this increase in conscripts. That the troops may indicate ground forces in Syria is the speculative aspect, but maybe someone has a viable source that says otherwise.
I'd say that people in Russia ain't happy about such news.

And the truth slips out, IT'S ALL ABOUT OIL!

Ah...so you want to go back to paying five bucks a gallon for gas.
Personally I'd be fine with that but it's going to really hurt the poor.

Putin will fall into the same trap Bush did

Winning the battles and declaring mission accomplished is easy. Keeping the peace is hard
You can send in troops and beat ISIS forces easily but you are only driving them into the shadows. The same hatred and the same grievances still exist and they will just wait for you to pull back or turn the country back over to Assad
In the mean time, they will continue terrorist attacks and intimidate the civilian population

Don't need a damn foothold. Need to worry about shit at home and take care of our citizens and our veterans etc.
We need a president more interested in helping America and not helping the lobbyists that put them in office and get us energy independent.
Could be,anything is possible.

Winning the battles and declaring mission accomplished is easy. Keeping the peace is hard
You can send in troops and beat ISIS forces easily but you are only driving them into the shadows. The same hatred and the same grievances still exist and they will just wait for you to pull back or turn the country back over to Assad
In the mean time, they will continue terrorist attacks and intimidate the civilian population
I don't think he will. Unlike Bush,Putin actually RUNS Russia and has a take no prisoners attitude which is why they have been so succesful in destroying ISIS in Syria.

We need a president more interested in helping America and not helping the lobbyists that put them in office and get us energy independent.
Could be,anything is possible.

I don't think he will. Unlike Bush,Putin actually RUNS Russia and has a take no prisoners attitude which is why they have been so succesful in destroying ISIS in Syria.
Body counts of the dead and maimed woman, children and old people is not a measure of success. Body counts of dead ISIS members is not a good measure either. The only way to two relate is that the ISIS soldiers killed are replaced by relatives and friends of the innocents killed. Welcome to the game of wack-a-mole.

At least Russia knows how to handle a war. Their method is equivalent to using a sledgehammer, whereas the U.S. and the west use a scalpel. To win a war, you overwhelm the enemy.

How many of Putin's 150,000 troops have showed up for the fight so far?

Forum List

Back