End corporate welfare!

For those who have may have missed the article which was posted to begin this thread, please see:

Feinstein, GOP senator fight subsidies for ethanol

Both conservative and liberal members of The Congress are beginning to see the absurdity of corn-based ethanol. The following link was produced by Exxon-Mobil on the Ethanol issue.

The economics of ethanol | ExxonMobil's Perspectives Blog

Wasn't the Left among the most ardent supporters of ethanol?

The left? Prove it! I have evidence it was not. But if you say so, please convince otherwise (or I might believe you're a liar).
And while avoiding answer that question, avoid answering this one. Why is everything to you a partisan issue?

Last edited:
For those who have may have missed the article which was posted to begin this thread, please see:

Feinstein, GOP senator fight subsidies for ethanol

Both conservative and liberal members of The Congress are beginning to see the absurdity of corn-based ethanol. The following link was produced by Exxon-Mobil on the Ethanol issue.

The economics of ethanol | ExxonMobil's Perspectives Blog

Wasn't the Left among the most ardent supporters of ethanol?

The left? Prove it! I have evidence it was not. But if you say so, please convince otherwise (or I might believe you're a liar).
And while avoiding answer that question, avoid answering this one. Why is everything to you a partisan issue?

Next you'll be telling me Al Gore isn't Left.
Al Gore: Ethanol Was Not a Good Policy - Politics - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com
Conservatives opposed ethanol subsidies from the very start, btw.

Why is it a partisan issue? Depends on how you define partisan. Bush had a big hand in ethanol mandates. Bush wasn't a conservative, as has been demonstrated many times. The point is that the Left is almost always wrong. When they aren't they are merely stupid.

Wait a minute...

Isn't this the same Dianne Frankenstein who was booted off the Senate Armed Services Commission, because she had been illegally funneling defense contracts to her husband's company?

Is the concept of shame completely foreign to the American left?

Dianne.Feinstein.jpg

Won't happen. Big Oil wants Corn to be the only Ethanol in town. It allows people to have the illusion of freedom and alternative energy sources without constituting a real threat to the existing system.

Why would oil companies give a crap about corn? If anything, it cuts into their business.

Libtards can't go three posts without blaming "big oil" for something.

What's "Big Oil." Is that like Exxon corporate?

Is "Small Oil" the camel jockey running the corner 7/11 gas station?

Just curious why the "Big" emphasis.

You'll have to ask the libtards. They are the ones who coined the phrase, and they invoke it at every opportunity.

Why would oil companies give a crap about corn? If anything, it cuts into their business.

Libtards can't go three posts without blaming "big oil" for something.

What's "Big Oil." Is that like Exxon corporate?

Is "Small Oil" the camel jockey running the corner 7/11 gas station?

Just curious why the "Big" emphasis.

You'll have to ask the libtards. They are the ones who coined the phrase, and they invoke it at every opportunity.

BIG means big, as in profits per quarter which impact the vast majority of Americans in terms of higher prices for food, transportaton and of course energy.
Big oil, Big Pharma, Big Agra - thanks for the opportunity.

In case you don't understand, Big Oil, Big Agra, Big Pharma = Plutocracy. I know the RWers on this board claim to be supporters of liberty and freedom, it's very unfortunate they are too stupid to understand the consequences of Citizens United v. FEC and other efforts by the Plutocrats to continue to redistribute the weatlh in America.

Right, right, right....Big Oil, Big Agra, Big Pharma = Plutocracy.

But massive, bloated, omnivorous, paternalistic and overbearing Big Gubmint = Paradise on Earf.

And we can all rely upon sanctimonious, double-dealing war profiteers like Dianne Frankenstein to lead us all to the Promised Land. :rolleyes:

But massive, bloated, omnivorous, paternalistic and overbearing Big Gubmint = Paradise on Earf.

And we can all rely upon sanctimonious, double-dealing war profiteers like Dianne Frankenstein to lead us all to the Promised Land. :rolleyes:

What kills me about you guys is that it's either one or the other with you. It's either the Plutocracy or Communism.

In short, you're idiots. This is what the Tea Party has done... right there in that post. You're either with us, or you're with them.

Thanks for proving a huge point that I've been trying to get across.

What kills me about you guys is that it's either one or the other with you. It's either the Plutocracy or Communism.

In short, you're idiots. This is what the Tea Party has done... right there in that post. You're either with us, or you're with them.

Thanks for proving a huge point that I've been trying to get across.
I'm not the one here pimping the sanctimonious swill of one of the biggest crooks in the District of Criminals, as some kind of touchstone to political Nirvana.

And I'm not a Tea Partier either, nincompoop noob.

I'm not the one here pimping the sanctimonious swill of one of the biggest crooks in the District of Criminals, as some kind of touchstone to political Nirvana.

And I'm not a Tea Partier either, nincompoop noob.

Who would that be(Biggest crook in DC)? Oh.. wait, you're talking about Corporate Lobbyists, right?

Never said YOU were a Tea Partier... I just said this is what FOX News, AM Radio, Conservative blogs, and yes... the Tea Party have done to this country.

I think for myself and draw my own conclusions, contrary to your amateurish recriminations....That's why I don't let unapologetic crooks like Frankenstein off the hook, when they turn around and start piously wagging their fingers about things like corporate welfare.

And speaking of crook corporate lobbyists...Who is a bigger crook corporate lobbyist than the one married to and taking blatant payola from a Senator?

I think for myself and draw my own conclusions, contrary to your amateurish recriminations....That's why I don't let unapologetic crooks like Frankenstein off the hook, when they turn around and start piously wagging their fingers about things like corporate welfare.

And speaking of crook corporate lobbyists...Who is a bigger crook corporate lobbyist than the one married to and taking blatant payola from a Senator?

You'll have to be more specific.. did a google search on the subject and there are quite a few, mostly at the state level, mostly Republicans.

I mean... if you are going to call someone out, just do it. I'll research your findings.

That you're unfamiliar with the fact that Dianne Frankenstein was kicked off the Senate Armed Services Commission and the reason for her removal is your problem....But since you're such a wet-behind-the-ears noob, I'll humor you:

Senator Feinstein's War Profiteering - by Joshua Frank

Democratic Blood Money and Senator Feinstein's War Profiteering - informationliberation

Democratic Blood Money and Senator Feinstein

Feinstein's War-Profiteering is Enabling Bush :: Break For News :: Breaking News and Multimedia

Had she an (R) by her name, it's beyond certain that she'd have been drummed out of the Senate altogether for such blatant graft.

Now there's someone we need preaching at us about excessive corporate influence in politics. :rolleyes:

Yeah... kind of like the House's former Ways and Means Chairman(Rangel).

You know what? I wouldn't give a crap if she would get booted out. I don't like corruption on either side and cleaning it ALL up is fine with me. BTW, I said the same thing about Rangel.

I want Publicly funded elections and take the money out of politics... Ban lobbying altogether. Cases would be heard by petition only. Put the power back in the hands of the people... you know... who this government is supposed to "of, by and for"?

BTW.. just to make you feel a little better? Yes, I mean Union money and lobbying too.

I want Publicly funded elections and take the money out of politics... Ban lobbying altogether. Cases would be heard by petition only. Put the power back in the hands of the people... you know... who this government is supposed to "of, by and for"?
Yeah, that'll fix the problem....Food stamps for political campaigns. :rolleyes:

Much better than the current "graballyourcanbecausetheguywiththemostmoneywins" system we have now, which doesn't take into consideration that when the Candidate DOES get elected, he owes those people and cannot do his job.

Remember... Of, by and for... the people... not just the ones with the most money and power.

Actually, it would probably save this country money. No taxpayer dollars going out to pay back the campaign donors. The cost of the election would be it... I'm pretty sure that the cost of the aftermath is more expensive than the election.

No, it's the one "solution" that would make the problem even worse.

Just imagine all the crooks we have right now, making up the laws as to which candidates would be deemed "viable" enough to campaign receive funds from......THEM.

Could you please at least try to have an original thought, that's not rooted in empty platitudes?

Why did the link piss you off?

I bet you actually thought that there wasn't a FACTUAL basis for my position. That I was just an "anti-semite", whatever the fuck that means!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No the link didn't piss me off, because I didn't bother to open it. I asked YOU the question, not 'what's her nuts'. If I talk to her someday I'll be sure to ask her about it if I ever fail my save against 'giving a fuck'.

But the fact you continue to dodge the question at hand (either being capable of original thought, OR if you're an anti-semite) is still on the table staring you in the face like a plate of gefilte fish you don't want to eat.

Forum List

Back