Employers Could Save MILLIONS!!

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
I apologize if this has already been posted, i didn't find it.

Just found this on Yahoo News...again, a lie from our great leaders again??

A new survey of Fortune 100 companies finds that the health care overhaul, contrary to the claims of its authors, created some perverse incentives for employers to drop workers from company insurance plans.

If the companies indeed take this step, the move would fly in the face of pledges by the law's backers, including President Obama, that U.S. workers would not lose their employer-provided health plans.

Employers could save billions by dropping workers from health plans, report shows | Fox News

Many people saw this coming. It was one of the drawbacks and the democrats said it would never happen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXqKp5B0ZLE]President Obama says If you like your Doctor You can Keep Your Doctor - YouTube[/ame]

I think it's called the ol' "Bait and Switch" tactic.
It's as conniving as a bunch of lawyers could get in the middle of the night.
pathetic

I think i figured this out right.....
My company has about 450 employees. At $2000 each, it would be just over 8 Mil. Compared to the BILLIONS they could save, I can see how they might want this!

It's not how it was sold, gb.

What isn't how what was sold?

GOP members of Ways and Means did a survey asking certain companies how much they spend on health insurance. They then came to the heart-stopping conclusion that if those employers weren't paying any of those costs, they'd save money. Impressive stuff. I'm not even sure why the Dems on the committee bothered dignifying this with a response.

“What’s next from Ways and Means Republicans? A report asserting that employers could save money by serving only hot dogs in their cafeteria?” Ways and Means Democrats said. “According to the logic of this so-called report, businesses could have ‘saved’ even more money if they dropped employee health coverage years ago, which is perfectly legal and carries no penalty.”

GOP members of Ways and Means did a survey asking certain companies how much they spend on health insurance. They then came to the heart-stopping conclusion that if those employers weren't paying any of those costs, they'd save money. Impressive stuff. I'm not even sure why the Dems on the committee bothered dignifying this with a response.

“What’s next from Ways and Means Republicans? A report asserting that employers could save money by serving only hot dogs in their cafeteria?” Ways and Means Democrats said. “According to the logic of this so-called report, businesses could have ‘saved’ even more money if they dropped employee health coverage years ago, which is perfectly legal and carries no penalty.”

I see, I need to be crystal clear with you...I forgot how you roll.
Obama didn't sell it that way, remember?

Let me post this youtube ONCE AGAIN for you.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXqKp5B0ZLE]President Obama says If you like your Doctor You can Keep Your Doctor - YouTube[/ame]

I see so you want to now blame obama for what corperations might do...

What he meant:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tTgr3fG_tg]Obama Lies about Health Care: Keep Your Insurance - YouTube[/ame]

It's about obamacare, yes...I blame him, starzzzzz.

Then maybe the President shouldn't have said 'If you like your doctor or your current insurance, you can keep it', and instead should have said 'if you like your doctor or insurance, you can keep it... maybe... kinda... unless the corporations are smart enough to figure out it's cheaper to pay the penalty'.

Dumbass.

President Obama says If you like your Doctor You can Keep Your Doctor - YouTube

Then maybe the President shouldn't have said 'If you like your doctor or your current insurance, you can keep it', and instead should have said 'if you like your doctor or insurance, you can keep it... maybe... kinda... unless the corporations are smart enough to figure out it's cheaper to pay the penalty'.

Dumbass.

You do realize that before Obamacare corporations could drop your health coverage without paying a penalty at all. Meaning due to obamacare less corporations will drop your coverage because then they have to pay. Odd isn't it taht reltiy is always the oppposite of what right-wigners say

What do y'all think the lobbyists were spending millions on getting?

Sheesh.
Yep saw this one coming and even commented on it at the time.

Dumbass.

You do realize that before Obamacare corporations could drop your health coverage without paying a penalty at all. Meaning due to obamacare less corporations will drop your coverage because then they have to pay. Odd isn't it taht reltiy is always the oppposite of what right-wigners say

you truly are a dumbass. Corporations included insurance coverage initially to entice higher quality workers. THAT was their incentive to include it.

Now, under Obamacare, they can save billions by dropping it, their employees would be forced into the exchanges, thus still having insurance (although it would be insurance they do not want and will not be satisfied with). The SAVING BILLIONS is their incentive to drop it. Since they already HAVE the qualified employees they wanted, dropping the coverage is a win/win for employers and a lose lose for employees.

dumbass.

Last edited:

Dumbass.

you truly are a dumbass. Corporations included insurance coverage initially to entice higher quality workers. THAT was their incentive to include it.

Now, under Obamacare, they can save billions by dropping it, their employees would be forced into the exchanges, thus still having insurance (although it would be insurance they do not want and will not be satisfied with). The SAVING BILLIONS is their incentive to drop it. Since they already HAVE the qualified employees they wanted, dropping the coverage is a win/win for employers and a lose lose for employees.

dumbass.

but with the high joblessness the corpies do not have to have health ins to attract/retain employees...

Forum List

Back