CDZ Emotional Vampires

Tilly

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2015
Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
What is an emotional vampire, and do you have the misfortune to know any?
How does one deal with them, assuming they are already in your life and thus it is too late to avoid them altogether?

How to Protect Yourself From the Emotional Vampires In Your Life

People Who Suck Your Energy and Happiness

Unlike the vampires you see in the movies, emotional vampires enjoy sucking the joy out of your friendships. Rather than feasting on blood (like the vampires of legend), they feed on the positive energy that exist in a relationship. The best way to handle these types of people is just avoid them...

Typically, emotional vampires are all about them. So they will talk about their problems ad nauseam without reciprocating the gesture or, they will manage to change the level of excitement in a room full of people from happy to irritated and angry. Suddenly the mood of the room will change to something darker, and the people at the table will leave feeling more "down" than positive and upbeat.

If you were laughing or having fun before, chances are the mood is decidedly different after the emotional vampire arrives...

Ever Met an Emotional Vampire? Here's How to Successfully Avoid Them

Let them ruin somebody else's life. Life is too short. Avoid them, don't call them back, you are busy right now, you have to arrange your sock drawer, etc. etc.

Let them ruin somebody else's life. Life is too short. Avoid them, don't call them back, you are busy right now, you have to arrange your sock drawer, etc. etc.
I agree, but sadly, it seems that once you've unwittingly let them in, it's very difficult to get rid of them.
If they are toxic you are better off doing whatever you need to do. No, I'm not suggesting a trip to the woods with a shovel but you can explain you aren't a good match. Even if they are a sibling.

It's the only people i ever meet.
That sucks.
Yes it does. Years of evil people. And im not exagerating.

Good people leave me alone. Bad people come after me. It's been tough.
That sounds dreadful. Who are these people, and why do they make a beeline for you?
They are just predatory lowlifes. They come for me because of my good soul. They seek to warm their snakey selves by my fire. It's horrible. I have so much negative energy in me from these lowlifes.

i jjst pray, and God always scrapes me through.

I agree, but sadly, it seems that once you've unwittingly let them in, it's very difficult to get rid of them.
If they are toxic you are better off doing whatever you need to do. No, I'm not suggesting a trip to the woods with a shovel but you can explain you aren't a good match. Even if they are a sibling.
Thanks Ice, but I've tried everything short of telling her literally to take a hike. I've refused every single invite to social engagements over the last few months, and there have been many. She still doesn't get it.

Thanks Ice, but I've tried everything short of telling her literally to take a hike. I've refused every single invite to social engagements over the last few months, and there have been many. She still doesn't get it.
I call the type you are dealing with, "black holes". They don't do anything and they waste your time and even your money. They destroy good opportunities for you too.

Sounds like it's time to throw down the take a hike card then. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Sounds like it's time to throw down the take a hike card then. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Yes, I think that's where I'm at. Trouble is she's a neighbour, and I do try not to fall out with neighbours. But I can't tolerate any more of her woe is me, limpet, sad puppy dog manipulative behaviour.

It's the only people i ever meet.
That sucks.
Yes it does. Years of evil people. And im not exagerating.

Good people leave me alone. Bad people come after me. It's been tough.
That sounds dreadful. Who are these people, and why do they make a beeline for you?
They are just predatory lowlifes. They come for me because of my good soul. They seek to warm their snakey selves by my fire. It's horrible. I have so much negative energy in me from these lowlifes.

i jjst pray, and God always scrapes me through.
Can't you tell them to take a hike?

A common and unbearable trait of the emotional vampire:

"...Energy vampires are emotionally immature individuals who have the sense that the whole world revolves around them. They are almost incapable of seeing things from another person’s perspective...

.....However, be aware that they are “grooming” you — setting you up to exploit you in whichever way best suits their purposes later. What seems quite innocent at first, such as finding a good friend, may lead you to compromise your ethics..."

How to Avoid Being Drained by Energy Vampires

Not to mention using emotional blackmail in an attempt to get you to do so.

Forum List

Back