Elon Musk suggests that anyone over the age of 70 should be barred from running for political office

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I wouldn't be for barring, but I agree they shouldn't be running for the House, Senate, President, Governor.

• Elon Musk suggested that an age limit should be set for running for political office.
  • The Tesla CEO tweeted on Thursday, calling for those over the age of 70 to be barred.
  • His comments follow recent squabbles with Sen. Bernie Sanders, during which Musk mocked his age.
Elon Musk recently suggested that anyone over 70 years old should be barred from running for political office.

In a tweet on Thursday, the SpaceX and Tesla founder said: "Let's set an age limit after which you can't run for political office, perhaps a number just below 70."

While no specific lawmaker was mentioned in the tweet, the current president, Joe Biden and his predecessor, Donald Trump are both over the age of 70. And Senator Bernie Sanders, who Musk has previously squabbled with, is 80 years old.

Term Limits is more important. Also, legal consequences for selling out citizens and misuse of funds.

China is going to win. The West did it to themselves. Canada is a prime example, it's never believed in democracy or accountability to its population, do NOT become like us.

There are minimum age limits. Maximum age limits seem just as reasonable. Would take a constitutional amendment.

I wouldn't be for barring, but I agree they shouldn't be running for the House, Senate, President, Governor.

Totally disagree.
70 doesn't mean you are limited cognitively in any way.
Just a greater chance you are.
Biden is one who (obviously) suffers from senility and cognitive degradation.
Responsible party leadership should have NEVER allowed Biden to run on the ticket. No way.
And neither should his wife.

Term Limits is more important. Also, legal consequences for selling out citizens and misuse of funds.

China is going to win. The West did it to themselves. Canada is a prime example, it's never believed in democracy or accountability to its population, do NOT become like us.
“Nothing so strongly impels a man to regard the interest of his constituents, as the certainty of returning to the general mass of the people, from whence he was taken, where he must participate in their burdens.” George Mason

Mason fought strongly against the possibility of reelection. He wanted the Constitution to state that no member of the legislature could serve consecutive terms. Look at our Congress now. The reality is that a sitting member of Congress is less likely to be unseated than a member of the former Soviet Union's Politburo. Hard to proclaim we have a democracy when that is the case.

Take my congressional representative. Patrick McHenry. He has never held a real job, and when he was elected to Congress he was the youngest member ever elected. His ass is now 46 years old and he is still serving in the same position and has never achieved jack squat. He doesn't know shit about the "general mass of the population". And I am insulted that he represents me in Congress.

Lefties never seem to trust the people to do the right thing. They seem to forget that the people are in charge, not the government. If they choose to vote for a 70 or an 80 year old candidate it's their privilege and responsibility.

If there's a minimum age requirement for President, there's no reason in the world why their should be an age limit,..

Forum List

Back