Elizabeth Taylor dead...

I can't say that I have seen one of her movies... then again, I can't say that I have not either. But, I know her reputation as a fabulous actress.

RIP Ms. Taylor and my condolences to her family.

Immie

Do yourself a favor and rent anyone of the movies mentioned in this thread..or Giant. She was truly on top of her game..and not so bad on the eyes.:eusa_whistle:

I can't say that I have seen one of her movies... then again, I can't say that I have not either. But, I know her reputation as a fabulous actress.

RIP Ms. Taylor and my condolences to her family.

Immie

Do yourself a favor and rent anyone of the movies mentioned in this thread..or Giant. She was truly on top of her game..and not so bad on the eyes.:eusa_whistle:

I honestly have never been a fan of older movies, but I might just do that. My wife loves all the old movies though.

Immie

She had great eyes. She had some genuine acting chops. She became a bit of a self-perpetuating joke, over time, though. She also did a few good things in life.

In the end, though, I can't honestly claim that I am especially moved by her passing.

79 aint such a long life, but it also aint unreasonably short, either.

Dame Elizabeth Taylor

Dame Elizabeth Taylor
FOUNDING INTERNATIONAL CHAIRMAN

A legendary star of stage and screen, Elizabeth Taylor has achieved equal fame for her humanitarian commitment to the fight against HIV/AIDS, which dates from 1984. As she remembers it, “I kept seeing all these news reports on this new disease and kept asking myself why no one was doing anything. And then I realized that I was just like them. I wasn’t doing anything to help.” The opportunity to do so came only too soon, when her long-time friend Rock Hudson died of AIDS. Appalled by both the suffering he experienced and the cruel and gratuitous condemnation that befell so many of those affected by the disease, Ms. Taylor determined to speak out against hypocrisy and discrimination and for compassion and care. Ever since, she has lent her voice—and indeed her heart and soul—to the fight against HIV and AIDS.

In 1985, Ms. Taylor joined with Dr. Mathilde Krim and a small group of physicians and scientists to form the American Foundation for AIDS Research (amfAR). As amfAR’s Founding National Chairman, she became the new organization’s principal spokesperson and titular head. As a great star and beloved public figure, she attracted enormous media attention. As a woman and a mother, her voice touched millions of hearts and minds. Indeed, for many Americans, it was Elizabeth Taylor who brought the issue of HIV/AIDS into the mainstream.
<more>

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry bout that,

1. Hope she got right with God.
2. An American Icon has left this world, again.
3. It never stops folks.
4. MJ now ET.
5. May she rest in peace.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
sad passing of a american legend .
but to honor mj in the same sentence as her please .

ElizabethTaylor_1.jpg

They don't make 'em like that anymore. :eusa_whistle:

A true murkin princess she was. Someone every little girl should envy.
She's eternally with her best friend Michael now.:eusa_boohoo:
Liz liked to marry — 8 times in all - Yahoo! News

You mean Rock don't you. MJ is getting his ass flamed for all the fondling he did.

i think you mean mike todd she loved him forever
not that turd burgler rock hudson
She loved Rock Hudson, whose death from AIDS inspired her work with AMFAR. She spent the next 25 years raising money for AIDS research.

Dame Elizabeth Taylor

A legendary star of stage and screen, Elizabeth Taylor has achieved equal fame for her humanitarian commitment to the fight against HIV/AIDS, which dates from 1984. As she remembers it, &#8220;I kept seeing all these news reports on this new disease and kept asking myself why no one was doing anything. And then I realized that I was just like them. I wasn&#8217;t doing anything to help.&#8221; The opportunity to do so came only too soon, when her long-time friend Rock Hudson died of AIDS. Appalled by both the suffering he experienced and the cruel and gratuitous condemnation that befell so many of those affected by the disease, Ms. Taylor determined to speak out against hypocrisy and discrimination and for compassion and care. Ever since, she has lent her voice&#8212;and indeed her heart and soul&#8212;to the fight against HIV and AIDS.

In 1985, Ms. Taylor joined with Dr. Mathilde Krim and a small group of physicians and scientists to form the American Foundation for AIDS Research (amfAR). As amfAR&#8217;s Founding National Chairman, she became the new organization&#8217;s principal spokesperson and titular head. As a great star and beloved public figure, she attracted enormous media attention. As a woman and a mother, her voice touched millions of hearts and minds. Indeed, for many Americans, it was Elizabeth Taylor who brought the issue of HIV/AIDS into the mainstream.

I wasnt much of a fan of her movies except for Giant. She did awesome with that part. And I admired her charitable work.

A pathetic bimbo who couldn't maintain a relationship other than with an equally pathetic creature like Michael Jackson.

Forum List

Back