Elderly People Should Not Drive

• Banned
I've been close to three people who lost loved ones in accidents caused by elderly drivers. By far the worst was a lady who lost her daughter and granddaughter in a vehicle on pedestrian accident. They were in the cross walk and the elderly man could not apply the brakes and killed them both.

I do think we need better cab service and volunteer drivers services, but no, I don't think incompetent people should rive.

16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,,, do I need to go on? year olds have accidents too, let's not issue them license to drive either.. cause they are incompetent..

I know several people well over 80 that can drive just fine. And I know people in their 40's who should be denied access to the front seat of anything moving faster than 2 MPH.

she's a nazi. pure and simple.

• Banned
Honestly, SFC Ollie you know that is unusual. These excellent driver friends of yours can surely pass moving tests, so why not protect us (and them) from those who cannot?

:lol:who has more accidents? the elderly, the teenager? or the drunk? or drug impaired driver? and you asswipes want to legalize drugs.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

my mother in law was 85 still driving great! my father and mother in their 70's still drive great!

my mother in law was 85 still driving great! my father and mother in their 70's still drive great!

It is a very rare occasion when I agree with you. Wouldn't it suck if madeline came along and took away their priviledges?

I don't know about 80 being too old to drive but I do know that 16 is way too young.

Eighteen at the earliest.

Say that when you get behind a 95 year old women who can't see over the wheel, and of course you can't pass her because she is swerving into both lanes. :D

I don't think they should just take away their licenes, but they should re test people at a certain age. I have heard of a few people who drove right before be putting into a home for people with dementia. Plus there is the whole part about them driving REALLY slow.:razz:

Say that when you get behind a 95 year old women who can't see over the wheel, and of course you can't pass her because she is swerving into both lanes. :D

I don't think they should just take away their licenes, but they should re test people at a certain age. I have heard of a few people who drove right before be putting into a home for people with dementia. Plus there is the whole part about them driving REALLY slow.:razz:

we call em Q tips.. little old ladies behind the wheel all you can see is their white hair.. my MIL drove til she died at age 94. She had one accident in her entire life. but she did drive slowly,, vewy slowly.

Someone with Dementia should not have a license. The day after my father spent 6 hours looking for my house (a 15 minute drive, that he had made hundreds of times) his car was "stolen". Of course my eldest Sister handled the "police report" for him.

It was less than 2 weeks later that we found an assisted living place for him.

(They never did recover that car :eusa_whistle:)

Personally, if anyone is going to get tested every few years, then everyone should. Coming from the state with the worst drivers in the country, I will certainly say it won't make a lick of difference though.

I have learned you never drive around between 9am and 10am, that is when all the elderly go out. Last year one quarter I had a class that started at 930am, and to maintain my sanity I went early and just went to the library. :lol:

Forum List

Back