Egypt Sentences Over 500 Muslim Brotherhood Members To Death

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
Egypt is carrying out the largest mass execution the world has seen in quite some time.

On March 24, an Egyptian court sentenced 529 members of the Muslim Brotherhood to death for a variety of charges including assaulting and murdering police officers.

After former Egyptian president Morsi was ousted, the Muslim Brotherhood became outlawed. But Morsi’s supporters refused to relinquish power and caused chaos throughout the country of nearly 80 million people. That decision will now cost them.

Egypt Sentences Over 500 Muslim Brotherhood Members To Death | American Overlook

Egypt sentences 529 Muslim Brotherhood members to death | euronews, world news

Egypt has had enough of Radical Islam....and the MB are Barak's besties. :cuckoo:

Sentencing 500 people to death, after a highly suspect "trial" is barbaric. I don't think it should be lauded as some sort of "achievement" of law.

One police officer was killed I believe. The current government has also been accused of jailing, beating, and raping pro-democracy protesters as well. Way to go.

As your article pointed out:

Legal experts say the sentence, if ever implemented, would be the largest mass execution sentence handed out in Egypt’s – and even the world’s – modern history.

“This is the quickest case and the number sentenced to death is the largest in the history of the judiciary,” said lawyer Nabil Abdel Salam, who defends some Brotherhood leaders including Mursi.

The trial is also said to have violated many legal norms. The judge, in the central Egyptian city of Minya, closed the trial after just two hearings – compared to years-long sessions for ex-President Mubarak and his inner circle who were accused of killing around 900 protesters during the 2011 uprising. Lawyers also claimed the court did not allow the defence teams to complete their cases.

The rule of law matters - as does real justice - this isn't good for Egypts pro-democracy movement.

• Banned
Radical Islam deserves everything it gets.
I have no pity for any of them.
I suspect Daniel Perry and many other victims share my point of view.

>>Al-Minya Seventh District Judge Saeed Youssef sentenced 529 defendants to the death sentence, while freeing 17 others.<<
Just because they are sentenced does not mean they will be killed anytime soon. Less that half those sentenced in the last ten years have actually been executed. Considering the jail condition in Egypt, they might wish they would be killed quickly.

>>Al-Minya Seventh District Judge Saeed Youssef sentenced 529 defendants to the death sentence, while freeing 17 others.<<
Just because they are sentenced does not mean they will be killed anytime soon. Less that half those sentenced in the last ten years have actually been executed. Considering the jail condition in Egypt, they might wish they would be killed quickly.
The greater majority of those sentenced were in absentia. They're probably out of the country, never to return.

Egypt is carrying out the largest mass execution the world has seen in quite some time.

On March 24, an Egyptian court sentenced 529 members of the Muslim Brotherhood to death for a variety of charges including assaulting and murdering police officers.

After former Egyptian president Morsi was ousted, the Muslim Brotherhood became outlawed. But Morsi’s supporters refused to relinquish power and caused chaos throughout the country of nearly 80 million people. That decision will now cost them.

Egypt Sentences Over 500 Muslim Brotherhood Members To Death | American Overlook

Egypt sentences 529 Muslim Brotherhood members to death | euronews, world news

Egypt has had enough of Radical Islam....and the MB are Barak's besties. :cuckoo:
I guess the much ballyhood Arab Spring Obama kept advertising about ain't working out so much.

The greater majority of those sentenced were in absentia. They're probably out of the country, never to return.
That's what the sentences are about, really. They just ensured these terrorists and enemies of the state never come back.

Radical Islam deserves everything it gets.
I have no pity for any of them.
I suspect Daniel Perry and many other victims share my point of view.
Islamic justice carried out on Islamists. They're getting a taste of their own medicine, one might say.

The rule of law matters - as does real justice - this isn't good for Egypts pro-democracy movement.

We saw how democracy worked in Egypt, they elected a terrorist as leader.
And they started imposing barbaric shariah laws on the people and he was about to take control of the army, totally ignoring what the Egyptian uprising was about. It's a good thing the army stepped in and took control before Egypt turned into yet another Islamic shariah shithole. :clap2:

The LAW is what ever the government of Egypt want it to be, we have no say in the matter. But it shows how WE should be treating terrorist scum

Most probably in the UK or elsewhere in Europe planning to overthrow the elected government .

Most probably in the UK or elsewhere in Europe planning to overthrow the elected government .
Hey, maybe they can even be "Palestinians" now.

I see our resident racists are gloating over the return of a military dictatorship in Egypt. Figures, once a fascist always a fascist.

I see our resident racists are gloating over the return of a military dictatorship in Egypt. Figures, once a fascist always a fascist.

Figures that you must be a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. Say, speaking of Fascists, didn't many of the Nazis run to Egypt after World War II to escape prosecution because they knew they would be comfortable in Egypt with all the Fascists there?

Forum List

Back