Education in America - US schools introduced self-defense lessons zombies

Selivan

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2018
USSR
Education in America has come to a standstill ...
They really believe in zombies and teach this to their children
:21::21::21:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Students of secondary school in the educational program will need to master the methods of self-defense in case of a zombie apocalypse.

In the United States, the school teaches an original version of self-defense lessons: children are told what to do in case of a zombie invasion.

A lesson on such an unusual subject passes like a normal occupation. Students are told in detail about the types of zombies, the weak places of walking dead and ways to deal with them.

:CryingCow:

Education in America has come to a standstill ...
They really believe in zombies and teach this to their children
:21::21::21:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Students of secondary school in the educational program will need to master the methods of self-defense in case of a zombie apocalypse.

In the United States, the school teaches an original version of self-defense lessons: children are told what to do in case of a zombie invasion.

A lesson on such an unusual subject passes like a normal occupation. Students are told in detail about the types of zombies, the weak places of walking dead and ways to deal with them.

:CryingCow:

The CDC has plans for a zombie apocalypse available to the public too. It is aimed at younger people. It is not actually an expectation of the rising of the dead. It is using popular culture to teach people to prepare for disasters.

In schools, if they use a zombie apocalypse to teach children what to do in a disaster, they are teaching them what to do in a multitude of disaster scenarios. But the topic grabs children's attention better than talking about an epidemic, weather disaster or social collapse.

I had a teacher back in the 1970s who used intergallactic travel scenarios to teach biology. It was fun and effective. Certainly better than rote memorization of textbooks.

• Banned
The CDC has plans for a zombie apocalypse available to the public too. It is aimed at younger people. It is not actually an expectation of the rising of the dead. It is using popular culture to teach people to prepare for disasters.

In schools, if they use a zombie apocalypse to teach children what to do in a disaster, they are teaching them what to do in a multitude of disaster scenarios. But the topic grabs children's attention better than talking about an epidemic, weather disaster or social collapse.

I had a teacher back in the 1970s who used intergallactic travel scenarios to teach biology. It was fun and effective. Certainly better than rote memorization of textbooks.

It's just bullshit ...
Such shit never was in the USSR ...
And you still dare to argue with me about Science?
:04:

It's just bullshit ...
Such shit never was in the USSR ...
And you still dare to argue with me about Science?
:04:

I am not arguing about science. I am talking about education. And if a teacher finds a way to engage children in a topic, they have done well. They are not teaching the that zombies are real. They are using a fun and imaginative way to get the children focused on disasters, biology, and social behavior's. And doing so in a manner which gets them involved. The smarter kids are not bored and those kids not typically interested in academics will be far more interested.

• Banned
I am not arguing about science. I am talking about education. And if a teacher finds a way to engage children in a topic, they have done well. They are not teaching the that zombies are real. They are using a fun and imaginative way to get the children focused on disasters, biology, and social behavior's. And doing so in a manner which gets them involved. The smarter kids are not bored and those kids not typically interested in academics will be far more interested.
It's very difficult to talk to you.
In Russia there is a proverb: "Я ему - про Фому, а он мне - про Ерему"
I'm telling you about cabbage, and you tell me about potatoes. :04:

It's very difficult to talk to you.
In Russia there is a proverb: "Я ему - про Фому, а он мне - про Ерему"
I'm telling you about cabbage, and you tell me about potatoes. :04:

I am quite easy to talk to. And I'm not sure what cabbage you are talking about, but my discussion of potatoes is valid.

This is not about science. This is about education and the methods creative teachers use to capture the imaginations of children.

You discuss what you will. I was educated as a teacher. My degree is in secondary education. I taught in the classroom.

Perhaps the words of a mentor of mine will help. His words were borne out by what I saw in the classroom. He told me "There will be kids who make A's if you just hand them a textbook and give them the exams. There will be kids who, for whatever reason, fail even if you spend all your spare time tutoring them. It is the kids between those two groups that you have to work on. THEY are the challenge."

Forum List

Back