College Is Not the Only Place to Get a Worthwhile Education

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
So says Mike Rowe, host of TV's Dirty Jobs. And, the numbers seem to indicate he's right on target.

During Ivanka Trump's op ed for FoxNews, we learn that:

Currently in our country, there are:

6.3 million unfilled job openings (the highest on record)

250,000 are in construction, of these;

427,000 are in manufacturing; and

500,000-plus are in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)

And we're not going to fill those with graduates in Art History or Social Studies of Indigenous People, or similar stuff. We need more places like the Waukee Innovation and Learning Center in the nation's heartland.

From Ivanka Trump: 'Skill-Based Education Is Crucial' for Americans and Feedly: organize, read and share what matters to you.

The real question is how many jobs start with SJW. Apparently there are many in govt, they usually start with "diversity".

It is curious that so many people complain about the educational system but then don't just specify books. Most teachers just paraphrase mediocre books so educational institutions can sell credentials. So find and spread info about good books.

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics by Stan Gibilisco

It is curious that so many people complain about the educational system but then don't just specify books. Most teachers just paraphrase mediocre books so educational institutions can sell credentials. So find and spread info about good books.

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics by Stan Gibilisco

There he goes again...

I sent think it's so much the level of education as the topic that is important.

I've got a two year technical degree in CAD. The two years of college were actually an excellent learning experience that simply having a Technical High School diploma would not have offered.

UAAP-star-Kiefer-Ravena-answers-all-rumors-and-criticisms-in-Bottomline-this-Saturday.jpg

Just how many "Social Services" hustlers and organic basket weavers does America need? Seems that's all the "universities" are churning out these days....but when your crapper overflows just try to find a plumber!

Just how many "Social Services" hustlers and organic basket weavers does America need? Seems that's all the "universities" are churning out these days....but when your crapper overflows just try to find a plumber!

And when you do find one, they're generally Hispanic.

Construction can be a tough life but there is money there.................You can go as a helper work your butt off and learn a trade and get paid to do it........

The education is OJT.

There is a demand for construction workers now in some places...
If they are willing to travel there are hotsheets..............tell jobs all over the nation.......

Tradesman is one...............Industrial Job Reports is another.

And when you do find one, they're generally Hispanic.

Liberals haven't yet noticed that it's tough to find a plumber. That's because when their crappers overflow they just lap it up and convince Lord Obama has gifted them with ice cream.

I don't have a dislike for Carter, but I do know that there were no Americans more happy that Reagan won the election than those who were held in Iran and subsequently released.
wrong thread lol. I do that too. LOL

Thanks. That's weird, I have a double clicking mouse, been doing this alot lately, strangest issue, just random double clicks when I move cursor, putting me into other threads I didn't want to enter.

Forum List

Back