Education Benefits for Spouses and Dependents

Discussion in 'Education' started by longknife, Oct 5, 2012.

  1. longknife

    longknife Diamond Member

    Sep 21, 2012
    Thanks Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Sin City
    by Angela Caban @ Education Benefits for Spouses & Dependents | Veteran Journal |

    Did you know that as a spouse or dependent of a service member, you are able to transfer all or a portion of the Post 9/11 bill for education? Any unused benefits may be transferred to a spouse or dependent to pay for your educational costs. This is a great opportunity, especially if your service member has benefits left over or if they plan on not using them at all.

    Eligible dependents of a service member are:

    One or more of the individualÂ’s children
    Any combination of spouse and child.
    A family member enrolled in the Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System (DEERS) may be eligible for benefits

    The process of transferring Post 9/11 benefits from service member to dependent is rather simple. Please make sure to research and look into schools, aid and all other expenses prior to applying; especially if your service member has already used a portion of the Post 9/11 bill.

    There are however some eligibility guidelines in order to transfer these benefits, please review all information here. For more information on the Post 9/11 bill or how to transfer benefits, please visit the following website: Welcome to the GI Bill Web Site | The Home for All Educational Benefits Provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs

Share This Page