Ed Schultz and Michael Steele on "Real Time"

R

rdean

Anyone who's able to watch Ed Schultz and Michael Steele on "Real Time" should. It's hilarious. Truly hilarious. It will be on again this week.

They were on together last night and Bill kept telling them to not fight.

The absolute knee slapper was when Steele tried to push "vouchers" for uninsurable 70 and 80 year old Americans. Remember, these programs were created because insurance companies wouldn't insure those people.

Ed said, "What happens when they run out of money?' Steele replied, "Who knows?". Swear to Gawd, that's what he said.

The audience howled with laughter. One thing that pisses conservatives off, whether it's Bachmann or Ahmadinejad, is being laughed at. And Steele was no exception. He kept telling the audience to stop laughing, which of course, has the opposite effect.

it was pretty funny.

i like steele, though. he always has a great demenor and a great sense of humor. he's actually at his best when he's on with rachel maddow. i disagree with him, but he's definitely likable.

it was pretty funny.

i like steele, though. he always has a great demenor and a great sense of humor. he's actually at his best when he's on with rachel maddow. i disagree with him, but he's definitely likable.

He might as well have said, "Who cares?"

it was pretty funny.

no. i think it's that he can't say what it really is. he knew it was silly when he said it, imo.

it was pretty funny.

no. i think it's that he can't say what it really is. he knew it was silly when he said it, imo.

Do you really believe that? When Ed said, "What happens to those people who run out of money", Steele said, "Who knows?" You think Steele thought what he said was "silly"? I got a different take. Mine was that he was suggesting "no one knows what the future brings" a la "Que Sara Sara".

Actually we do. It's why we have 401 accounts and why these programs were created.

There are entire threads on this board with Republicans saying, "Why should we have to take care of anyone else?" This generation of Republicans simply don't care what happens to these people.

This is how current Republicans think:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U]YouTube - Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid[/ame]

See? No one helped me out. Except the government. Does he even know what he said? Like Michael Steele?

Pulitzer Prize winner and far right winger Kathleen Parker said the Republican Party has become of the party of "Ooga Booga". Hard to argue with that. Especially coming from her.

Last edited by a moderator:
good gawd, my stomach couldn't' handle both the idiot Schultz and the ugly foul Maher on one show..

I'd have to go:alcoholic: then :puke3:

good gawd, my stomach couldn't' handle both the idiot Schultz and the ugly foul Maher on one show..

I'd have to go:alcoholic: then :puke3:

Yet Michael Steele exemplified Republican "intellectualism"? Who knew?

it was pretty funny.

I like him too. People always thought of him as fairly moderate before he became the rnc chair. Now that he isn't under so much pressure to be something he's not, he seems better.

it was pretty funny.

I like him too. People always thought of him as fairly moderate before he became the rnc chair. Now that he isn't under so much pressure to be something he's not, he seems better.

i agree. i think he's happier now, too.

Ed said, "What happens when they run out of money?' Steele replied, "Who knows?". Swear to Gawd, that's what he said.

Steele replied, "We don't know yet."

Such a big difference between "We don't know yet" and "Who knows". Just to clarify, "We don't know yet" means no one knows and "Who knows" means no one knows.

Such a big difference between "We don't know yet" and "Who knows". Just to clarify, "We don't know yet" means no one knows and "Who knows" means no one knows.

No. It means that no one know yet. Shocking that you forget to mention that.

Perhaps you could enlighten the world. What happens with the US Treasury runs out of money?

There is actually a significant difference between the two.

No. It means that no one know yet. Shocking that you forget to mention that.

Perhaps you could enlighten the world. What happens with the US Treasury runs out of money?

If you are a Democrat they never run out.

And we don't know what will happen when we run out of money.

They don't either. The difference is we are trying to avoid reaching that problem.

When you go into debt, you have already "run out of money".

Three trillion on two wars

2.4 trillion on unneeded tax cuts that did nothing positive (reconciliation)

Medicare part D costing trillions more (reconciliation)

Too bad when Republicans were throwing money around like drunken sailors they didn't spend some on something that would actually help America.

There is actually a significant difference between the two.

If it isn't "no one knows", then please enlighten us.

One is a song, the other isn't.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc7Y3qqHjjA]YouTube - Avril Lavigne - Who Knows[/ame]

Forum List

Back