Easy fix for Healthcare

Do you support combining Graham-Cassidy and Alexander-Murry?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
post the costs then. show what the costs are to go to an emergency room. got them?

Have you not been reading my posts!? We don't know the costs because the providers largely keep their chargemasters private.

So you have no way of knowing what the actual cost is because it's kept from you on purpose.
duh, what did I say? when you walk in and ask to have your car worked on, do you look at the price and decide or do you go in blind? why aren't there prices? manipulation of our medical choices. hmm, that is guberment to the tea.

controlling costs that is how.

How? You seem like you just spit out random words in random order and hope that it carries your argument. How do you control costs in health care?

Could it be the best way to do that is to establish one single reimbursement rate that applies to all providers? Did that thought ever cross your mind? No. Because you don't think. You just react. Like an animal.
well first off, take away the ability to sue for malpractice. that would do sooooo much. takes away the need to go to multiple doctors for the same treatment because they are in fear of that malpractice. advertise prices and let the doctors build their patient base off of that? what is it they fear? Allow choice, funny how you libs are for choice when you're not.

Last edited:

You might have a point if states got healthcare, but states don't get healthcare---people get healthcare.

Thing is that you don't know if the doctor you have is good or not, and you will never know that so long as private insurance companies administer reimbursements to your doctors. Under a private insurance system, there is no incentive for doctors to improve outcomes because they get reimbursed by the insurers regardless of the job they do. A single payer system would reverse that and force doctors to be outcome-focused because if all providers are reimbursed at the same rate, those providers must then compete for your care. They don't compete for your care now...all they compete for is which insurer will reimburse them at the greatest rate. Which has nothing to do with their performance.

Conservatives just have no idea how health care in this country actually works.

I guess I don't which is pretty sad since I spent ten years in the medical business.

Yes, I do know my doctor is good and I know my clinic is world renown. In fact if you go to their downtown campus, you are the one that feels like a foreigner. I also know where the shitty places are--mostly in lower income areas.

Doctors and facilities don't shop around for insurance companies, it's more the other way around. Your insurance company will cover more if you go to one facility over another. Doctors and facilities will get their money from the insurance company, you, or in most cases, both. The only time they lose out is on government patients because the government rips off the medical personnel and institutions. It's why some facilities refuse to accept new government patients.

It is wrong to have people in 1 state have different rights than someone in another state. Also Graham-Cassidy would not have given states enough money to insure the people who are protected now. It would have pitted poor people against old people against people with pre-existing conditions. Republicans are monsters. I no longer want to be a part of the Republican Party. It needs to die.

My question is, different rights to WHAT exactly? What is the scope, the definition, to one’s right to healthcare? Let’s compare it to gun rights. The constitution states “..the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”. It does not say that the government has a duty to purchase for any person any “arm” they desire, or any weapon that an arms dealer recommends they should have. Add to that, the government does infringe on the right to bear arms, and many second amendment enthusiasts accept those infringements. If there were truly no infringements upon the right to keep and bear arms, then there would be completely open and unregulated access to RPGs, machine guns of any caliber and any type, shoulder launched surface to air missiles, etc. In spite of that though, one could view the right to healthcare similarly, as an implicit right, in the Madisonian sense. As many have mentioned, the US constitution says nothing about healthcare specifically, so the federal government can’t infringe upon someone’s right to go out and get some type of healthcare they might want; just like, supposedly, the government can’t tell someone they can’t go out and buy a gun that they want.

Without knowing the ultimate definition of one’s healthcare rights, Graham-Cassidy could merely say, your rights are whatever your state says they are; and then what? If New York says you have a right to free birth control, and Tennessee says you don’t, are we going to force Tennesseans to publicly subsidize birth control in order to defend “equal protection of the laws”? Such a muddled mess.

Or we could compare healthcare to the right to due process and trial by jury. I’m not a lawyer nor an expert on this, but I believe we as a nation have decided that those people who literally can’t afford their own lawyer, have the right to have one provided as a public expense. We have not decided as a nation that everyone, no matter their wealth level, has the right to “free” services from the best and brightest lawyers, and all the legal resources they can bring to bear. That would require an absurd and massive federal taxation system and regulation of the legal industry. I think I view healthcare from this perspective, let’s have a constitutional amendment that guarantees access to healthcare amenities, and subsides for such amenities for those citizens who are too impoverished to be able to use that access. Of course, we’ve been doing that for a while now through the combination of EMTALA and Medicaid, but at least a constitutional amendment would settle the issue for those people who say “the federal government has no constitutional authority over healthcare”.

Forum List

Back