Earthquake swarm continues in Idaho, over 200 plus since Sept 2nd

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
The earthquake swarm in Southeast Idaho looked like it might be ending or at least slowing down on Thursday and Friday. But then Saturday arrived and by day’s end 19 quakes had struck. There have been 34 more temblors so far Sunday, bringing the earthquake total since the swarm began on Sept. 2 to 204 quakes. All of the quakes have occurred in the Caribou County area east, southeast and northeast of Soda
Earthquake Swarm Continues In Idaho, Over 200 Plus Since Sept 2nd
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who want to know. News flash it's just for information on the events taking place.

Don't like it move along then.....................

The earthquake swarm in Southeast Idaho looked like it might be ending or at least slowing down on Thursday and Friday. But then Saturday arrived and by day’s end 19 quakes had struck. There have been 34 more temblors so far Sunday, bringing the earthquake total since the swarm began on Sept. 2 to 204 quakes. All of the quakes have occurred in the Caribou County area east, southeast and northeast of Soda
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who want to know. News flash it's just for information on the events taking place.

What state is Yellowstone in?

What state is Yellowstone in?

Wyoming.

HAARP.

You folks been watching for unusual cloud formations and rainbows? :badgrin:

• Banned
I needed some where to post this because this cat is so freaking hysterical looking.....................LOL

upload_2017-9-11_22-10-35.png

I seem to recall that area getting rocked by a M7 in the 80s ... (Looks like '83 or could be '88... Malloy maybe? Fuzzy recall image here, but it looks like a brick building collapsed and killed some peeps from the headline picture.)

Small quakes are good to release friction, we can't say for sure it stops big ones (they say it takes 1000 4.0s to release the tension released in a 6.0), but no matter how one wants to look at it any tension released in a "small" manner is less that needs to be let out in a big one. Also, I think I read somewhere that Idaho is one of our more active states for quakes. Alaska pretty much always wins 1st place for most active of course, but I was a tad surprised during a recent video to learn that CA wasn't 2nd, it was an inland state, though I'm afraid I can't pull out whom it was though.

Despite being "nearish," I don't think that area is any more seismically connected to Yellowstone than it is to Pacific fault lines in say CA. That said, there is compelling evidence that quakes in one area can trigger quakes in another area as the crust settles into a new position. I think that rocker in south Mexico is a bit too far in this case, but a curious person might examine quakes within say 1000 miles of the current outbreak for possible connections.

Forum List

Back