Earnings to drop year to year Q4 as slew of co's report

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
interesting, I want to see net profit stats on the x mas season, that should be interesting as well.

here is Goldman's take on earnings:

We expect modest 1% upside to bottom-up consensus for 4Q S&P 500 earnings, and estimate beats for Telecom, Financials, and Info Tech, but lower profits for Energy, Materials, and Consumer Discretionary. We also expect the margin expansion cycle to end at 8.9%, flat on a trailing four quarter basis since 2Q. Consensus has cut estimates for 4Q 2011 and 2012 significantly since the summer despite stronger US economic data and the cyclical rally. Below-trend growth and Europe risk support selective cyclical exposure. ... Bottom-up consensus earnings estimates have been revised down ahead of earnings. While 4Q is typically the strongest quarter for earnings, estimates have fallen 9% since the summer and are now below both realized 2Q and 3Q results. This trend of revisions has existed since July, when weak US economic data along with concerns of recession in Europe and slow growth in Asia led analysts to lower estimates. Full year 2011 consensus EPS has been cut 3%, from $100 to the current $97, in line with our forecast.

As Two Thirds Of Companies Report EPS In The Next 3 Weeks, Talk Of "Record Earnings" Is About To Hit Mute | ZeroHedge

Q4%20Earnings.jpg

Earnings down? This may be by design...

You don't have some inherent right just to – you know, get a certain amount of profit. If your customers – are being mistreated. That you have to treat them fairly and transparently. News Headlines

"A Washington where decades of trade deals like NAFTA and China have been signed with plenty of protections for corporations and their profits, but none of our environment or our workers who've seen factories shut their doors and millions of jobs disappear, workers whose right to organize and unionize has been under assault for the last eight years.
Barack Obama on Free Trade

“We’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money...There is a time for profit and now is not that time.” Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

Maybe next we'll be seeing some kind of "Bureau of Profit and Earnings Control".

Earnings down? This may be by design...

You don't have some inherent right just to – you know, get a certain amount of profit. If your customers – are being mistreated. That you have to treat them fairly and transparently. News Headlines

"A Washington where decades of trade deals like NAFTA and China have been signed with plenty of protections for corporations and their profits, but none of our environment or our workers who've seen factories shut their doors and millions of jobs disappear, workers whose right to organize and unionize has been under assault for the last eight years.
Barack Obama on Free Trade

“We’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money...There is a time for profit and now is not that time.” Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

Maybe next we'll be seeing some kind of "Bureau of Profit and Earnings Control".

that site was interesting thx.

gee I guess taht means the republicans wont be getting as much cash as they hope to get with their court filings to make corporate donations legal.

Its still will distory our democracy

gee I guess taht means the republicans wont be getting as much cash as they hope to get with their court filings to make corporate donations legal. Its still will distory our democracy
Didn't you say the Economy is recovering? Now you admit it isn't?

Well which is it? I'll wait here while you go ask someone.

gee I guess taht means the republicans wont be getting as much cash as they hope to get with their court filings to make corporate donations legal.

Its still will distory our democracy

I thought corp donations were already legal. In the 2010 election, after Citizens United, the total amount raised by both repubs and dems was roughly equal, was it not? And Obama is talking about upping his war chest to a billion dollars; are you sure our democracy is going to be destroyed from such equality?

Forum List

Back