Early voting stats by state

2008 Early Voting

Here's what's REALLY important:

Florida: Out of 2,590,640 - Dem - 45%, Repub 39%, Ind 15.6%
Colorado: Out of 958,508 - Dem - 38.6%, Repub 37.9%, Ind 23.5%
Louisiana: Out of 264,361 - Dem 58.4%, Repub 28.5%, Ind 13.1%
Nevada: Out of 376,139 - Dem - 52.15%, Repub 29.6%, Ind 16.7%
New Mexico: Out of 104,179 - Dem 55.1%, Repub 32.3%, Ind 12.6%

In 5 out 5 swing state, Democrats lead Republicans in the number of registered voters who are voting and with the exception of Colorado, lead the number of registered voters who are voting by a landslide.

These are not polls, there is no guessing, no science, this is just accumulated voting.

Interesting David .... but ..... be sure you take into account those of us that are "voting outside our party" this time. That is going to help them Democrat's a lot in this election! :)

Yes! We can, and will! :)

Interesting David .... but ..... be sure you take into account those of us that are "voting outside our party" this time. That is going to help them Democrat's a lot in this election! :)

Yes! We can, and will! :)

I'm going to keep following these numbers, but this is very bad news for McCain. He has a couple of southern red states, like Mississippi and Alabama to go through, we have Missouri that hasn't voted yet, and then you have the bluest part of the country, the northeast and the mid atlantic. I think the race is going to be a 10-15 point race in favor of Obama if we keep seeing these kinds of numbers.

obama_mad_magazine.jpg

:lol: I never realized how much Obama actually looks like Alfred E. Newman

Lastest news, is that the smart people are holding out until a vote for Obama reaches 3 packs of cigs.

ACORN hmmm, everyone got the same image when they read it didn't they?

FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right: The Black Turnout Surge, Already In Progress

According to Michael McDonald's terrific website, there are three states in which early voting has already exceeded its totals from 2004. These are Georgia, where early voting is already at 180 percent of its 2004 total, Louisiana (169 percent), and North Carolina (129 percent).

Hmm ... can anybody think of something that those three states have in common?

2982176113_88285877d0_o.png

The African-American population share is the key determinant of early voting behavior. In states where there are a lot of black voters, early voting is way, way up. In states with fewer African-Americans, the rates of early voting are relatively normal.

This works at the county level too. In Cuyahoga County, Ohio (Cleveland), which about 30 percent black, twice as many people have already voted early as in all of 2004. In Franklin County (Columbus), which is about 18 percent black and also has tons of students, early voting is already about 3x its 2004 total.

So when McCain's pollster talks about Obama's black vote being "locked in", he is at best getting the story half-right. It's true that there aren't very many African-Americans who are reporting themselves as undecided. But any polling based on 2004 assumptions about what black turnout will look like is probably going to miss the mark significantly.

Frankly, I do think that McCain is the favorite to win a majority of undecideds (but a majority means like 55-60%, not some ridiculous fraction like 70%).

But I also think that the polls are probably undercounting Obama's decided vote, particularly among African-Americans, and young persons with cellphones.

What's wrong with this picture? The premise of your thread is based on an assumption, or someone's collecting tallies early and leaking information.

THAT is bullshit either way.

there's lots of dead people voting early too, before the stiffness sets in.

That's so funny (and revealing) that republicans assume brown people are the ones cheating.

I guarantee you, virtually every single example of election fraud in this country's entire history was perpetrated by affluent or rich white dudes.

What's wrong with this picture? The premise of your thread is based on an assumption, or someone's collecting tallies early and leaking information.

THAT is bullshit either way.

For a while I've ignored your posts because you're some kind of administrator on here. But the more and more I read your posts, the more and more I read that the main point of all of your posts is anger. Either way, it's immature

They have been collecting information from early voting on race, party affiliation, etc. This isn't leaked. This is public information.

For a while I've ignored your posts because you're some kind of administrator on here. But the more and more I read your posts, the more and more I read that the main point of all of your posts is anger. Either way, it's immature

They have been collecting information from early voting on race, party affiliation, etc. This isn't leaked. This is public information.

That's the best you can do? Don't worry about my being the admin here unless I'm acting as the admin.

Immature would be your blind partisan spamming of this board continually with incessant bullshit.

You can call it public information if you want. If you, Mr "Im So Mature and All That" can't see how releasing voting results early could sway an election, then you just aren't anywhere near as bright as you seem to think you are.

That's the best you can do? Don't worry about my being the admin here unless I'm acting as the admin.

Immature would be your blind partisan spamming of this board continually with incessant bullshit.

You can call it public information if you want. If you, Mr "Im So Mature and All That" can't see how releasing voting results early could sway an election, then you just aren't anywhere near as bright as you seem to think you are.

View for yourself.

2008 Early Voting

Just curious, why ya so worried about an Admin? Are ya worried the stuff you're postin is BS?

Absolute Horseshit.

Nothing about early voting excepting perhaps the total number of voters who participate should be released until the polls close on election day.

Forum List

Back