Early voting starts in Arizona with record-breaking turnout

Vote early, Vote often...

now-thats-the-chicago-way.jpg

The Secretary of State, Ohio, sent me an unsolicited absentee ballot months ago.

Last edited:

Isnt it great that people are so enthused with the democratic process that they want to get out and vote ?

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Kelly's debate performance wasn't super encouraging. He made sense but he didn't eradicate any doubt about what type of Senator he would be. McSally did very well. She was a bit too aggressive for the taste of a lot of voters that I've talked to. Arizona is a lot like Minnesota...its seen as being almost impolite to vote against someone who is in office already. McCain's brand was strong out here but the paradox of being the incumbent but also being seen as the underdog by the voters was cultivated by his machine. McSally seems to be tapping into that.

Isnt it great that people are so enthused with the democratic process that they want to get out and vote ?

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Kelly's debate performance wasn't super encouraging. He made sense but he didn't eradicate any doubt about what type of Senator he would be. McSally did very well. She was a bit too aggressive for the taste of a lot of voters that I've talked to. Arizona is a lot like Minnesota...its seen as being almost impolite to vote against someone who is in office already. McCain's brand was strong out here but the paradox of being the incumbent but also being seen as the underdog by the voters was cultivated by his machine. McSally seems to be tapping into that.

Arizona has their shit together.

Arizona politics is different than many places in the country. I think it's one of those places that just don't take it that seriously. You have flamethrowers out here (people that hate the world pretty much) but...

I'll give you an example and recite a story I told here a white back:

We have a group of nurses who go shooting every week or so (or at least did). Part of my wide portfolio of important job duties is to approve what is placed on the bulletin boards in our break rooms. LOL. The group wanted to put up a flyer inviting people to come with them to the gun range. The woman who runs the shooting group was hesitant to ask me for my approval because she knows how I feel about guns (or thought she did anyway). It took me about 3 seconds to put my official stamp on the document and presto...it's on the board. We have a policy that states the approval must be done every month so we do this every month. My worry was that the part of the giant stamp that I have to use reads, "Approval of this communication is in no way an endorsement of XXXXX and no liabiltiy yada yada yada ...." wouldn't fit on the smallish flyer and I told them to make the flyer the maximum size; 8.5" X 11". They did and the group seems to be thriving. She's on my social media as are many members of her group. Their outings are widely attended and I was invited more than once. Not my scene. She's a Trump supporter too by the way. She may be on Parler. Don't know. But I doubt she would leave FB. If she does...oh well.

She caught the covid at about the same time I posted that and was in critical condition not too long ago. She's recovering at the house. We've taken up a collection for her and she's on our wall of fame still even though she has been away for about 3 months now. Its doubtful she will be back. Anyway, I always considered her a friend and we had seen each other socially a few times. The political differences between she and I were always there but it was not anywhere near important enough to cause a rift. Thats just the way it is out here.

On a related note, from what I hear, they take her to the range with them via an I-Pad. I didn't get all the details right abut apparently they pass it down the line when they do target shooting with pistols and she watches how well they perform or something. I get misty eyed when they tell me about it. It makes me hate the botch-job Trump did more and more but I doubt they would ever see it that way.

I hope we flip blue but I wouldn't be surprised if Trump and McSally both win AZ/

Arizona politics is different than many places in the country. I think it's one of those places that just don't take it that seriously. You have flamethrowers out here (people that hate the world pretty much) but...

We have a group of nurses who go shooting every week or so (or at least did). Part of my wide portfolio of important job duties is to approve what is placed on the bulletin boards in our break rooms. LOL. The group wanted to put up a flyer inviting people to come with them to the gun range. The woman who runs the shooting group was hesitant to ask me for my approval because she knows how I feel about guns (or thought she did anyway). It took me about 3 seconds to put my official stamp on the document and presto...it's on the board. We have a policy that states the approval must be done every month so we do this every month. My worry was that the part of the giant stamp that I have to use reads, "Approval of this communication is in no way an endorsement of XXXXX and no liabiltiy yada yada yada ...." wouldn't fit on the smallish flyer and I told them to make the flyer the maximum size; 8.5" X 11". They did and the group seems to be thriving. She's on my social media as are many members of her group. Their outings are widely attended and I was invited more than once. Not my scene. She's a Trump supporter too by the way. She may be on Parler. Don't know. But I doubt she would leave FB. If she does...oh well.

She caught the covid at about the same time I posted that and was in critical condition not too long ago. She's recovering at the house. We've taken up a collection for her and she's on our wall of fame still even though she has been away for about 3 months now. Its doubtful she will be back. Anyway, I always considered her a friend and we had seen each other socially a few times. The political differences between she and I were always there but it was not anywhere near important enough to cause a rift. Thats just the way it is out here.

On a related note, from what I hear, they take her to the range with them via an I-Pad. I didn't get all the details right abut apparently they pass it down the line when they do target shooting with pistols and she watches how well they perform or something. I get misty eyed when they tell me about it. It makes me hate the botch-job Trump did more and more but I doubt they would ever see it that way.

I hope we flip blue but I wouldn't be surprised if Trump and McSally both win AZ/
Let’s hope that an early and large turnout in Arizona contributes to Trump being voted out of office.

Let’s hope that an early and large turnout in Arizona contributes to Trump being voted out of office.
In the UK the conservatives pray for rain on election day so that folk stay home.Anywhere you go in the world cons hate democracy.

In the UK the conservatives pray for rain on election day so that folk stay home.Anywhere you go in the world cons hate democracy.
The only way conservatives can oppose inevitable, necessary, and beneficial change is to ignore the will of the people.

Wife got her Arizona mail-in ballot Thursday, mine arrived Friday (yesterday). I'll be googling the lesser publicized political offices and ballot propositions as I fill it out over the next few days.

LOL you better hope everyone doesn’t get out and vote, it would be a red tidal wave. If 30% of Hispanics vote for President Trump, which looks every likely, Dems don’t stand a chance. But Republicans here aren’t enthusiastic about McSally, she’s a poor campaigner and used to be anti-Trump. She has come around but it reflects on how poor her judgement is. Hopefully they all do show up and vote for the Donald, and she’ll get the down ticket win. The last thing we need is Comrade Kelly, who is McStain 2.0.

My time in Arizona was short and some 30 years ago but what I remember is a solidly Republican state whose residents were conservative but not ideologues – moderate and pragmatic.

We should all hope that moderation and pragmatism is still dominant, where the majority see fit to vote Trump out of office.

Forum List

Back