Ear today. Gone tomorrow

Bootneck

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2008
England
Man who had ear cut off had it stitched to stomach to save it

Paul Gibbs, a student from Leeds, was attacked by three men as he camped out with a group of friends last year.
Because the ear was not found for 17 hours, surgeons could not immediately reattach it.
Instead, doctors stitched it inside his stomach so some of the tissue will re-grow. The plan is to then reconstruct the ear using some of the cartilage from 26-year-old Mr Gibbs's ribcage.
He told the Yorkshire Evening Post: "It's just a question of waiting for the operation.
"It is going to hurt but I want it done.
"But I'm strong-minded and feel like I am making good progress."

Man who had ears cut off had it stitched to stomach to save it - Telegraph

This one of those real life situations where I say, "If only..."

If only they had decided to stitch the ear to his thigh, instead of his stomach, the story could have read thus:

Paul Gibbs lost his left ear in a camp site fight and, in an effort to save it, doctors trans- planted it onto the upper part of his leg, where it will have to stay for five months.
Surgeons supposedly broke the news to him by saying, ‘A word in your thigh, Mr Gibbs.’
It was predicted that his sex life would be restricted over the following five months, but what there is of it will sound great.
Mr Gibbs is now back at work, wearing the world’s largest pair of earphones.

LOL!

My brother got some of his fingers chopped off in a machine accident, they really did cut out a part of his arm, and put 2 of the fingers inside it so the skin would grow around the fingers. He had to be like that for weeks, but he has all his fingers attached!

Forum List

Back