Eagles Shop (NFL): Season 52 Diary

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Let's face it folks, the New England Patriots (i.e., Tom Brady) of the NFL (football) are the new Goliath in sports. In the tradition of the unbeatable 'giants' in sports-history such as Terry Bradshaw's NFL Pittsburgh Steelers, professional boxing's Joe Louis, tennis's Roger Federer, baseball's New York Yankees, and Brazil's international soccer team, Brady's NFL Patriots are the ground-zero of all football gambling pools these days.

Two years ago, Cam Newton's NFL Carolina Panthers were making a huge splash, and many claimed Newton would dethrone Brady --- did not happen. One year later, it was Matt Ryan's Atlanta Falcons (and they fell flat too in the end).

This year, it's Carson Wentz' Philadelphia Eagles being waged as the QB-team combo that can dethrone Brady's Patriots.

No one wants sports to be predictable, despite how much we cheer on strong-horse teams with great 'cultural flair' (e.g., Duke Blue Devil's men's college basketball, Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls NBA men's professional basketball, etc.). Watching Brady's Patriots rack up 11+ season wins every year and then *at least* make it all the way to the Super Bowl (and then most likely win!) is like going to the dentist.

Brady's Patriots have turned the NFL into a predictable parade, and we want it to end! Only Eli Manning and his NY Giants upset Brady's Patriots in the Super Bowl, and they did it twice (in the 2007 and 2011 seasons)! So there's no 'technical' reason Wentz' Eagles can not take their thrilling current season to the finish and topple Brady's Patriots in the grand show --- the Super Bowl.

This could also make for a terrific long-term rivalry-chat for Eagles and Giants fans --- e.g., "Remember when my Giants toppled Brady in two Super Bowls?", "Oh, yeah? Remember when my Wentz-Eagles toppled Brady in Super Bowl 52?" The Eagles and Giants have entertained a subtle rivalry anyway.

So I propose we cheer on this winning Eagles season with some righteous memorabilia --- perhaps colorful Eagles sweaters for friends/family for Christmas --- might make an interesting online-shopping experience for a Saturday afternoon in December.

GO EAGLES!!!

====

Digital and yard-lined style.

e1.jpg

Checkered-square logo style.

e2.jpg

Tree-argyle style.

e3.jpg

The diamond-standard.

e4.jpg

The classic-look.

e5.jpeg

The classic argyle.

e7.jpg

The pipe-smoker's sweater-jacket.

e6.jpg

Heck, why stop with just sweaters? Go for it all!

GO EAGLES!!!

====

e.png

Forum List

Back