Duke Lacrosse Rape Charges Dropped

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by boedicca, Apr 11, 2007.

1. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,823
    I call this Long Overdue:

The office of North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper will announce that he is dismissing all charges against three Duke Lacrosse players, ABC News has learned from sources close to the case.

Cooper will announce his decision regarding the case at the North Carolina Attorney General's office in Raleigh, N.C., at 2:30 p.m. ..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3028515&page=1

I hope this is followed with impeachment charges against the appalling Nifong. If anything reeks of abusive of power for political gain, this shameful case does.

2. jasendorf

jasendorf Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I say out with this guy. Especially if there is even an inkling that he held onto this case for his political gain (which I think there just might be).

3. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,823
    If the news reports are correct, the evidence against him will be pretty damning. He never met with the accuser and withheld DNA evidence from the defense which would have exonerated the players.

Shameful.

4. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,121
    This should have happened much sooner. This is a travesty. The three kids have been put through the ringer and their reputations have been smeared and for what? So Nifong can get re-elected? The evidence was never there, never. It was all politics. Nifong needs to spend some time in jail and pay some restitution to these kids.

5. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Players' parents ask Duke to pay legal fees
    Estimates go as high as $3M; no decision has been made
    By Jeff Barker
    Sun reporter
    Originally published April 11, 2007
    Duke lacrosse parents have asked if the university will pay legal fees, estimated as high as $3 million, that the families incurred after a woman alleged she was sexually assaulted by three players at a party last year.

The informal request, which raises some legal issues, was made at a campus meeting of several dozen parents, Duke president Richard Brodhead and Robert Steel, the chair of Duke's board of trustees. Duke neither granted the request nor dismissed it out of hand, according to family members present.

Many of the parents who attended that late-February meeting planned to converge on Raleigh-Durham, N.C., expecting a decision today on whether to dismiss charges against Collin Finnerty of Garden City, N.Y., Reade Seligmann of Essex Fells, N.J., and David Evans of Bethesda.

Special prosecutors in the office of North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper could announce their verdict "any day this week," said Noelle Talley, a spokeswoman for Cooper.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...r11,0,3499051.story?coll=bal-college-lacrosse

6. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Informal requests are one idea. Suing the shit out of them is another. If there's a ripe civil suit for malicious prosecution out there, this is it. I'd sue every one of those self-satisfied left-wing hate professors who signed the 'condemnation' or whatever it was, PERSONALLY. I'd sue Duke. Nifong. The cops. The black accuser and everyone she knows. Al. Jesse. You name it, they're in!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    The liberal media is very disappointed.

This was the perfect story for them.

A black girl raped by rich white boys in a southern town

It was perfect

Only one tiny little problem - it was all a lie

8. T-Bor

T-Bor Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I have always wondered about this...So what happens normally if you are charged with a crime and 1) you are either proved innocent or 2) the Charges are dropped.. How does the repayment for legal fees work? Or are you just shit out of luck because some asshole decided to charge with you a crime you were innocent of.

9. T-Bor

T-Bor Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    TO ALL POSTERS !!! Would you look at this comment below??? This is an example of pure Brainwashing. This guy blames everything on the Liberals. Im sure the longtime members of this community have noticed this but it is really getting out of hand. Literally this guy thinks that all the problems in this world are created by Liberals. Im literally flabergasted by what I read from this guy. Now the Liberal media is upset because some white guys are not getting prosecuted? WOW. :eusa_doh:

I have scanned the internet and found a pic of RSR's brain...I think this explains everything...From now on...everytime he says something stupid I am going to post this in the thread. This is gonna be great.

The Brain of Red States Rules
    [​IMG]

10. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    It is clear this dem DA used this case for his own political gain. He ignored time stamped photos showing the players away from the house when the accurer said she was being raped, he ignored Police reports saying she was drunk and nearly unconscious, he tried to cover up lack of DNA evidence, and did not talk to the accuser until his case was falling apart

During his reelection he used the race card to get reelected

The liberal media lapped it up since it fit their view of race relations in the US