DUI-E law now makes it illegal to text, smoke, and even eat while driving

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
The charge of “driving under the influence” used to only apply to drivers who were under the influence of drugs or alcohol—but it will now apply to drivers who text, eat, smoke, read or groom while driving in the state of Washington.

DUI-E Law Now Makes It Illegal to Text, Smoke and Even Eat While Driving

But let's see cops fk around on a computer while driving, they fiddle with their phones for information, everything you are told NOT to do they can do No hypocritical fkn democratic laws going on here
You asked for a Hitler State you will get it . LMFAO you are some dumb m.................frks man omg.

Washington State Patrol Chief John Batiste said you can also get a ticket for eating, sipping coffee, starting a video or grooming if a trooper sees you driving badly as a consequence.

The citation for being "dangerously distracted" by something other than an electronic device could only be enforced as a secondary offense, meaning another infraction such as an improper lane change would need to be observed to pull you over.

What Can And Can't You Do Under Washington's New E-DUI Law

Washington State Patrol Chief John Batiste said you can also get a ticket for eating, sipping coffee, starting a video or grooming if a trooper sees you driving badly as a consequence.

The citation for being "dangerously distracted" by something other than an electronic device could only be enforced as a secondary offense, meaning another infraction such as an improper lane change would need to be observed to pull you over.

oh------I once got a ticket for DRIVING TOO SLOWLY-----it was called
blocking traffic. My defense was------the sign that noted "deer-crossing" ---
I had a FEAR OF HITTING BAMBI. (I still consider the ticket a
MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE-------obviously my defense failed)

What kind of idiot sees a no texting while driving law as an affront to his rights? You can argue about what the person texting should be charged with, but nobody has the right to endanger all the other people on the road like that.

What kind of idiot sees a no texting while driving law as an affront to his rights? You can argue about what the person texting should be charged with, but nobody has the right to endanger all the other people on the road like that.
But they are so much more important in society than we are, they have the expensive phones...

You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't

A lot of states have similar laws but usually won't stop you unless you're driving slowly in the fast lane on a highway or a specific number of vehicles are backed up behind you on a two lane and you're doing at least 10mph under the limit.

Its all about the cash baby.......govt cant get enough........law will be deemed sexist once enforcement starts as its mostly women who text and drive

Its all about the cash baby.......govt cant get enough........law will be deemed sexist once enforcement starts as its mostly women who text and drive

It's about selfish bastards not being allowed to endanger everyone's lives. Issues like this perfectly demonstrate how stupid and selfish Libertarian ideology is.

A lot of states have similar laws but usually won't stop you unless you're driving slowly in the fast lane on a highway or a specific number of vehicles are backed up behind you on a two lane and you're doing at least 10mph under the limit.

you didn't fall for the bambi thing either........ no left lane. When I was a kid learning to
drive------my dad said "ALWAYS STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE" and -----"NEVER MOVE
OUT OF "SECOND" (gear) I asked----"what is the left lane for and what is third and fourth for"? he said "NOT FOR YOU"

It's about selfish bastards not being allowed to endanger everyone's lives. Issues like this perfectly demonstrate how stupid and selfish Libertarian ideology is.
All driving should be banned.....think of all the lives we could save

Thank you. I was wondering when a complete idiot would chime in.

Llmmaaoooo.......says the perpetually aggreived and angry

Llmmaaoooo.......says the perpetually aggreived and angry

Neither aggrieved not angry. Just bemused that you would think your remark was relevant/funny/something a mature person might say.

Coming reality if libs have their way.....self driving cars will be mandated.......try to keep up

Forum List

Back