Dubai Skyscraper Address Tower On Fire. Your Thoughts? Possible Causes. How Could This Happen?

Rexx Taylor

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2015
Sarasota, Florida
:dev3: By now (Approx 1:45 EST) you may have found out about this major fire in downtown Dubai.
They say it was State Of The Art in design/safety/fire-proof,,,etc.
Well, so much for the building being Fire-Proof. Have you seen the footage?
Looks like someone had a barbecue on the 50th floor and had some kind of "Light The Fuel Miscalculation"
:oops-28:

:dev3: By now (Approx 1:45 EST) you may have found out about this major fire in downtown Dubai.
They say it was State Of The Art in design/safety/fire-proof,,,etc.
Well, so much for the building being Fire-Proof. Have you seen the footage?
Looks like someone had a barbecue on the 50th floor and had some kind of "Light The Fuel Miscalculation"
:oops-28:

I am guessing flames were involved.

How awful. Hopefully the injuries remain minor. Being trapped in a fire is a horrifying experience.

Witnesses say they heard several explosions before fire began.

Hockmed.

What was wrong with the other thread on this you were posting in Rexx?

This place Is crazy with all the multiple threads on the same subjects.

Why are their even mods here? They do nothing.

My wife became annoyed with me back in the early 1980s because I opted out when her visiting brother invited us to dinner at Windows Of The World, an upscale restaurant high up in World Trade Center, Tower One. I didn't do that only because I am severely acrophobic but because I generally distrust very tall buildings. I'm afraid of them.

She recanted her criticism of my seemingly "irrational" fear on the day after 9/11/01.

Today I have cause to insist even more firmly that I wouldn't live in the penthouse of the most exclusive tall building in Manhattan even if it were rent-free. And that is no exaggeration. I would be constantly uncomfortable and I wouldn't be able to sleep.[/I]

Last edited:
What was wrong with the other thread on this you were posting in Rexx?

This place Is crazy with all the multiple threads on the same subjects.

Why are their even mods here? They do nothing.
Why should that trouble you? Do you prefer forums where the moderators carry on like hallway monitors?

One of the things I like best about this forum is they leave us alone.

Be interesting to see if it collapses under its own weight after the fire?

Forum List

Back