"Drain the swamp" and put in a low-life like this guy?

How are you so thick that you can't see my point? The fact that the guy has biased views on homosexuals doesn't make him universally incompetent

Look, nitwit, if you CANNOT understand that the argument is NOT about this moron's views on homosexuality....BUT IN THE FREAKING WRONG "CONCLUSION" that homosexual marriages lead to pedophilia.........I am just wasting cyber space in answering your screwed up posts........

The conclusion is the argument dummy. And now you're actually misrepresenting his dumbshit argument, which isn't that the marriages themselves lead to pedophilia. The argument, or conclusion, or whatever you care to name it, is that the acceptance of same sex marriage will lead down the slippery slope to the acceptance of pedophilia by our society. I don't agree with this conclusion, and you clearly don't either, but to try and paint the guy as some sort of buffoon simply for believing this biased idea is a massive over simplification, which is par for the course for people who treat their political affiliation like a cult membership.

Trump nominee: Same-sex marriage could lead to legalizing pedophilia

President Trump's nominee for the top science position at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has argued that the legalization of same-sex marriage could lead to legalized pedophilia, CNN's KFile reported on Monday.

Sam Clovis made the comments on his conservative radio show and in an op-ed in a conservative blog in separate incidents ranging from 2011 to 2015, according to the news network's investigative unit.

"If we protect LGBT behavior, what other behaviors are we going to protect? Are we going to protect pedophilia?" he asked in a video uncovered by the CNN team. "We're not thinking the consequences of these decisions through."

When told his opinions were "extreme," Clovis said that he believes they are "logical."

"I think it's a logical extension of thought. And if you cannot follow the logic, then you're denying you're in denial."

Questioned by CNN about Clovis's comments, a USDA spokeswoman referred to the 2015 Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage in all 50 states.

"The Supreme Court settled the issue in 2015," the spokeswoman said.

CNN also found that Clovis repeatedly argued that being a member of the LGBT population is a "choice."

"The science on this issue seems to be uncertain, and if one followed the arguments from plaintiffs, the issue argued was that these individuals, because of 'love,' should be allowed to marry just like opposite-sex couples," he said in 2011, for example.

Clovis has made a number of controversial statements in the past, including his suggestion that former President Obama wanted to "enslave" his opponents and that Obama was happy after the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

Reports surfaced after Clovis's nomination that he was a climate change denier who holds no science degree.

/----/ Libs already pushing pedophilia. "Who are we to judge?"

Oh really? Odd that the age of consent goes UP in Blue states and when Democrats are in power and it goes DOWN in Red states.
/----/ Link please. TIA
Prove me wrong. TIA.
/----/ scroll down 1/2 on the link and you'll see a list by state. Most are 16 with a few 18. You can thank me now for providing you wrong. Age of Consent by State | LegalMatch Law Library

President Trump's nominee for the top science position at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has argued that the legalization of same-sex marriage could lead to legalized pedophilia, CNN's KFile reported on Monday.

Sam Clovis made the comments on his conservative radio show and in an op-ed in a conservative blog in separate incidents ranging from 2011 to 2015, according to the news network's investigative unit.

"If we protect LGBT behavior, what other behaviors are we going to protect? Are we going to protect pedophilia?" he asked in a video uncovered by the CNN team. "We're not thinking the consequences of these decisions through."

When told his opinions were "extreme," Clovis said that he believes they are "logical."

"I think it's a logical extension of thought. And if you cannot follow the logic, then you're denying you're in denial."

Questioned by CNN about Clovis's comments, a USDA spokeswoman referred to the 2015 Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage in all 50 states.

"The Supreme Court settled the issue in 2015," the spokeswoman said.

CNN also found that Clovis repeatedly argued that being a member of the LGBT population is a "choice."

"The science on this issue seems to be uncertain, and if one followed the arguments from plaintiffs, the issue argued was that these individuals, because of 'love,' should be allowed to marry just like opposite-sex couples," he said in 2011, for example.

Clovis has made a number of controversial statements in the past, including his suggestion that former President Obama wanted to "enslave" his opponents and that Obama was happy after the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

Reports surfaced after Clovis's nomination that he was a climate change denier who holds no science degree.

A viable, electable candidate could have saved you all this suffering and whining = however entertaining it may be.

What else good or bad do we no about this guy? that's not enough information to credit or discredit.

He never said that legalization of same sex marriage leads to pedophilia. He asked the sarcastic question "if we legalize homosexual marriages what's next, the legalization of pedophilia". It sounds a little different when you take off the left wing spin. Actually there seems to be a movement in the far left to legalize pedophilia anyway.

He never said that legalization of same sex marriage leads to pedophilia. He asked the sarcastic question "if we legalize homosexual marriages what's next, the legalization of pedophilia". It sounds a little different when you take off the left wing spin. Actually there seems to be a movement in the far left to legalize pedophilia anyway.

Realistically, it's not beyond the scope of reasonable conclusions, given related movements emerging from the modern far left. When you consider pushes throughout the West to allow children to undergo sexual reassignment procedures with or without their parent's consent, I have trouble seeing how the assumption that folks of similar persuasions might carry the underlying principle to its logical extent, that principle being that a child is somehow qualified to make major sexual decisions on their own behalf. Realistically, hormone treatment is arguably more impactful than the act of intercourse in terms of the ultimate ramifications, so if marriage is fine as long as it's between people who consent (which I agree with), and any child old enough to have a preference for Barbie Dolls or Tonka trucks is mature enough to make an informed decision regarding sexual undertakings with life long consequences (which I vehemently disagree with), you might even say that arguments that a sexual relationship between an adult and a child is fine so long as there is consent, are fairly probable down the line of our current cultural trajectory.

Forum List

Back