Dragon-Keeper: Mall-TV (Consumer Diaries)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a 'consumerism-prescription' parable inspired by the film Mannequin.

Cheers,

====

BRANDON: Poverty creates crime, so we must exhibit empathy.
DRAGON: Fathers betray their sons when they do not succeed!
BRANDON: The reality of competition-culture does not destroy faith.
DRAGON: Are you 'idealistic' about cruel fathers or wayward sons?
BRANDON: We have to reach the souls of individuals before reaching the masses.
DRAGON: There is little pity for those who fall behind Wall Street...
BRANDON: That does not suggest that teamwork is an illusion!
DRAGON: You're an optimist when it comes to 'cheerfulness.'
BRANDON: You're too cynical when it comes to 'vice.'
DRAGON: How'd you propose to amend the 'cycle of sin'?
BRANDON: Sins begetting sins is only a sign of the need for exorcism.
DRAGON: What about the agony or purgatory?
BRANDON: There is something redeemable about capitalism.
DRAGON: Really?
BRANDON: Yes; countless 'fans' of commerce watch Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (TV)!
DRAGON: I challenge you to create a 'mall-TV' station/network.

After Brandon, who was the angel of God sometimes known as Apollyon and sometimes known as the 'Crow,' concluded this symbolic debate/discussion with the ominous Machiavellian beast of contention known as the 'Silver Dragon,' he accepted the challenge to create a 'mall-TV' channel for consumers/audiences to appreciate the social value of commerce. Commerce, after all, promotes peace and mercantile pride which always calms the spirit and protects us from the vices of idleness, envy, and wrath. So Brandon (the Crow) set out to create a 'mall-network' for TV-audiences in America. Brandon always kept a pet-crow on his shoulder as his spirit-guide, so he'd include his 'friend' in one of the programs on 'mall-TV' which he himself would host!

"Welcome to my program, Mall-TV Comedy. My name is Brandon, and as you can see, I always keep my friend, my crow, on my shoulder. This program on Mall-TV, the hot new network everyone's raving about (thank you), is endorsed by our commerce-minded U.S. President Donald Trump himself. Mall-TV has been on the air for about one year now, and we've received great ratings for our quality programs and shows, including Follow Shoppers (a live-cam mall view of everyday shoppers hosted by narrator Alec Baldwin), Mall Mysteries (a murder-mystery series involving fictional mall-crimes), Ethnic Stores (a showcase of mall-stores which offer ethnically/culturally diverse goods/products), and Dark Coupons (a call-in program about consumer testimonies about rebates/offer/discounts gone awry). On this show, Mall-TV Comedy, we'll be presenting various rising comedians as they offer jokes about shopping-malls (to make us feel giddier about the labors of consumerism). We'll have special celebrity-guests, and Oprah Winfrey is our guest tonight, and she'll be talking about 'surviving Black Friday'!"

====

{The Crow & Silver Dragon}

brandon4.jpg

Forum List

Back