Dragged Across Concrete (Netflix)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Two cops (Vince Vaughn and Mel Gibson) are suspended by their chief (Don Johnson) for roughing up a suspect and being caught on video doing it.

The older cop decides to turn to crime because he has been on the force for 25 years and has nothing to show for it. He invites his younger partner to join him on a caper to rob a crook they know nothing about.

Despite Vince Vaughn being in it, this is not a comedy in any way, shape, or form.

This is a pretty good movie. Not the usual bang-bang shoot-em-up fare, and you never know where it is going to turn.

I skipped this because I can't stand Don Johnson, not 100% sure why, just don't like him.
Always thought he was a less than average actor.

I skipped this because I can't stand Don Johnson, not 100% sure why, just don't like him.
Always thought he was a less than average actor.
Don Johnson is in the movie for all of two minutes at the beginning.

We watched it last night.
In short - it is a good movie, and will keep you watching with enough suspense to keep you interested.
I would recommend it.

In long - it would have been a better movie if a good 20 minutes or so was edited out. It is too long (2:38)
The politics of the movie is refreshing, not only is the movie most definitely not woke, but the opposite of it.
There are some holes in the story, but not so many or so obvious that you can't easily dismiss them.
The only one that bothered me was... saying it this way to not spoil anything... the last character that dies, dies stupidly. He would not have done what he did that got him killed.
All in all - it is a good movie, plenty to keep you interested. Just a bit long that needed more editing.

We watched it last night.
In short - it is a good movie, and will keep you watching with enough suspense to keep you interested.
I would recommend it.

In long - it would have been a better movie if a good 20 minutes or so was edited out. It is too long (2:38)
The politics of the movie is refreshing, not only is the movie most definitely not woke, but the opposite of it.
There are some holes in the story, but not so many or so obvious that you can't easily dismiss them.
The only one that bothered me was... saying it this way to not spoil anything... the last character that dies, dies stupidly. He would not have done what he did that got him killed.
All in all - it is a good movie, plenty to keep you interested. Just a bit long that needed more editing.
I'm glad you were able to overcome your dislike of Don Johnson enough to watch it. :D

I'm glad you were able to overcome your dislike of Don Johnson enough to watch it. :D
Haha... yeah, he was in the trailer, so I thought he was a regular character, not realizing that he is only in one scene that last maybe 3 minutes.

Forum List

Back