Draft IPCC report has increased confidence in human influence on climate

Watt certainly hasn't and unlike your pathetic SS website which won't publish anything that challenges them Watt and company INVITE criticism. A huge difference from you clowns who wish to do nothing but stifle discussion.

Watt can't get anything published because he doesn't write anything publishable.

I don't know.....Hitler seems to think he got something published!:lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYup_vNcoEs]Hitler's Reaction to the Watts Study - YouTube[/ame]

I find it interesting that you decided to compare Watt and Hitler, as the latter didn't listen to people in the know either. Congratulations.

What were you guys EXPECTING it to say?

"Nope, no Global Warming! Lets give all this money back and go find REAL jobs!"

People like Hansen say it's aerosols from China and the developing world. He says aerosols caused the slight cooling in the 1960s-1970s before we really clean up our act.

And how many times has he been wrong? And you still believe anything he says?

Here is a paper from Dr. Hansen, published in 1981. So, just how wrong is this paper?

http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/1981/1981_Hansen_etal.pdf

Summary. The global temperature rose by 0.20C between the middle 1960's and
1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is
consistent with the calculated greenhouse effect due to measured increases of
atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar
luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend
of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming
should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the
century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980's. Potential effects on
climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North
America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West
Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the
fabled Northwest Passage.

The whole paper is at the link.

People like Hansen also got caught tampering with the temperature record. You believe people like hsnsen?

As opposed to people like you? Watt and company never made shit up, either, did they?

Watt certainly hasn't and unlike your pathetic SS website which won't publish anything that challenges them Watt and company INVITE criticism. A huge difference from you clowns who wish to do nothing but stifle discussion.

What a liar you are, Walleyes. Watts and company were very eager when Muller announced that he was going to run a more complete inventory of weather records than had ever been compared before, to check whether the figure that Hansen, Jones, and other researchers were accurate, and whether the compensation figures of siting, and changes of surrounding of siting of weather stations influence the accuracy of the weather record.

Muller also called Hansen, and told him what he planned to do. Dr. Hansen stated that he was glad to have the input.

When Muller published the report from his investigations, Watts immediatly named him as another 'enemy', and disavowed any association with him. Watts is a whore with no credentials whatsoever in any branch of science.

Which official record has any skeptic ever been accused of, much less caught altering?

McIntyre got caught altering GISS records in 2007. They even blocked him from acquiring the data by blocking his IP address for a while. He is such a nosy Parker, always butting in where he is not wanted.

Wasn't it in 2007 when McIntyre forced GISS to acknowledge that it's claims of "warmest year ever" weren't true and he caught them adding 0.15C to the record since 2000? I belive he caught GISS altering the record, not caught altering it himself.

He got blocked for writing a script that asked the GISS system to produce graphs of each and every station in the data set which tied up the system...not for altering, or attempting to alter the data itself. He was reinstated and allowed to continue to run the script if he did it late at night or on weekends.

Yes, he did spot an error that had been sitting on the books since Y2K. I was wondering if anyone would attack or defend McIntyre. BTW, he was already scraping the data during offhours.

And its odd that past editions of GISS data are no longer available via the wayback machine. Very strange indeed. I wish I hadn't tossed my hard copies.

As opposed to people like you? Watt and company never made shit up, either, did they?

What a liar you are, Walleyes. Watts and company were very eager when Muller announced that he was going to run a more complete inventory of weather records than had ever been compared before, to check whether the figure that Hansen, Jones, and other researchers were accurate, and whether the compensation figures of siting, and changes of surrounding of siting of weather stations influence the accuracy of the weather record.

Muller also called Hansen, and told him what he planned to do. Dr. Hansen stated that he was glad to have the input.

When Muller published the report from his investigations, Watts immediatly named him as another 'enemy', and disavowed any association with him. Watts is a whore with no credentials whatsoever in any branch of science.

Watts had a legitimate beef with Muller. He shouldn't have released unpublished work without permission.

Do you have the quote where Watts called muller 'the enemy'?

Watts had a legitimate beef with Muller. He shouldn't have released unpublished work without permission.

Do you have the quote where Watts called muller 'the enemy'?

Muller didn't need the permission of a former radio D.J. The data was not proprietary.

Which official record has any skeptic ever been accused of, much less caught altering?

McIntyre got caught altering GISS records in 2007. They even blocked him from acquiring the data by blocking his IP address for a while. He is such a nosy Parker, always butting in where he is not wanted.

Wasn't it in 2007 when McIntyre forced GISS to acknowledge that it's claims of "warmest year ever" weren't true and he caught them adding 0.15C to the record since 2000? I belive he caught GISS altering the record, not caught altering it himself.

He got blocked for writing a script that asked the GISS system to produce graphs of each and every station in the data set which tied up the system...not for altering, or attempting to alter the data itself. He was reinstated and allowed to continue to run the script if he did it late at night or on weekends.

No, it was McIntyre who screamed bloody murder for at least two years for data via numerous FOIA requests that he later admitted that he already had, and DID NOTHING WITH. And it wasn't 0.15C. It was 0.015C, and made no difference whatsoever in the record.

Last edited:
No, it was McIntyre who screamed bloody murder for at least two years for data via numerous FOIA requests that he later admitted that he already had, and DID NOTHING WITH. And it wasn't 0.15C. It was 0.015C, and made no difference whatsoever in the record.

No, it was 0.15. Sorry you have a problem with numbers. Maybe that is why you have been so easily fooled into believing the hoax.

And the fact remains that no skeptic has ever been caught or accused of altering an official record while it is common practice among those in control of the NOAA, GISS, CRU and other data bases.

Last edited:

No, it was 0.15. Sorry you have a problem with numbers. Maybe that is why you have been so easily fooled into believing the hoax.

You'll have to prove that, because I remember it differently. What is certain is that McIntyre's paper made no difference whatsoever in the conclusions that came from the data.

And the fact remains that no skeptic has ever been caught or accused of altering an official record while it is common practice among those in control of the NOAA, GISS, CRU and other data bases.

Whether or not it is true that deniers have been CAUGHT, the fact remains that they make up a lot of bullshit (and have been caught doing it many times) and post it all on pseudoscience web sites because they know they can't get a single word of it published otherwise. The fact is that if ANY climate scientist behaved as unprofessionally as your pals do, they'd be barbequed, and likely fired on the spot. And SSDD, the official record keepers are allowed modify the official record as needed to correct errors or to improve their product because that is PART OF THEIR JOB DESCRIPTION!

You'll have to prove that, because I remember it differently. What is certain is that McIntyre's paper made no difference whatsoever in the conclusions that came from the data.

No problem, unlike you, I don't depend on memory....I actually took the time to look it up.

Does Hansen?s Error ?Matter?? ? guest post by Steve McIntyre | Watts Up With That?

There is a positive skew so that the impact of the step error is about 0.15 deg C according to Hansen.

Whether or not it is true that deniers have been CAUGHT, the fact remains that they make up a lot of bullshit

Which skeptic is actually the caretaker of an official record and in a position to alter it?

SSDD said:
No problem, unlike you, I don't depend on memory....I actually took the time to look it up.

Does Hansen?s Error ?Matter?? ? guest post by Steve McIntyre | Watts Up With That?

This is what I was referring to:

Stephen McIntyre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The adjustment caused the average temperatures for the continental United States to be reduced about 0.15 °C during the years 2000-2006. Changes in other portions of the record did not exceed 0.03 °C; it made no discernible difference to the global mean anomalies.

Whether or not it is true that deniers have been CAUGHT, the fact remains that they make up a lot of bullshit

SSDD said:
Which skeptic is actually the caretaker of an official record and in a position to alter it?

All scientists are skeptics. Your guys aren't because nothing anyone can say or present as evidence will ever convince them that they are wrong. Your guys are not skeptics. They also aren't scientists. They are deniers. What's more, they aren't professionally qualified to have their hands on the wheel. One of them is a friggin massage therapist, and another is a former D.J. with no other credentials under his D.J. belt. But they do have an out. They can publish their results in professional peer reviewed journals LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, and if those results withstand peer review, changes can and will be made. Got it?

SSDD said:

The adjustment caused the average temperatures for the continental United States to be reduced about 0.15 °C during the years 2000-2006. Changes in other portions of the record did not exceed 0.03 °C; it made no discernible difference to the global mean anomalies.

0.15 by your own words now. Just a few posts back when I said 0.15 you claimed 0.015. Do you recognize the difference between those numbers?

The draft is scheduled to go through one more round of revisions at a meeting with both diplomats and scientists later this year.

Absolutely. Nothing screams science like diplomat revision.

Are they 98% sure now, or 98.5%?

What percentage are they sure at this time?

When has Watts ever _not_ lied about the data? That's the Watts specialty, being a flagrantly dishonest POS. And most denialists adore him. Birds of a feather, I guess.

Since you ask the question...by all means provide an answer. Show us one or two examples where it is proven that he was caught lying about the data. Don't worry, no examples are really expected since you are known to lie through your teeth if you believe it will help you make a point.

In contrast, none of the mainstream scientists have fudged data. That's one of the many reasons why they have such worldwide credibility. Meanwhile, the routine fudging by the denialists is one of the many reasons why no one gives them the time of day.

Really? What valid reason would there be for making routine downward adjustments to 739 months prior to 1960?

SSDD said:

0.15 by your own words now. Just a few posts back when I said 0.15 you claimed 0.015. Do you recognize the difference between those numbers?

As I already pointed out, this is what I was referring to:

Changes in other portions of the record did not exceed 0.03 °C; it made no discernible difference to the global mean anomalies.

Capiche? Can you refute the last part of that statement?

Last edited:
All scientists are skeptics.

Four words....."the science is settled". Does that sound like a skeptic speaking? Really?

Which means that most agree on what is going on. But you know, us scientists are a fickle lot. When data comes in that confounds what we previously agreed on, by golly, we change our minds. Example? The Higgs boson. Welcome to the world of the scientific method.

Since you ask the question...by all means provide an answer. Show us one or two examples where it is proven that he was caught lying about the data.

We've been through this before. We post the data, you instantly declare that it's a warmer source that can't be trusted. It's that cult denial thing you specialize in, one of the many reasons why you're considered a joke. Have fun raving about your glorious victories. No one else cares.

Forum List

Back