Draft IPCC report has increased confidence in human influence on climate

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Draft IPCC report has increased confidence in human influence on climate

Leaked to major news organizations, the draft contains few surprises.

Today, a draft of the upcoming report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change was leaked to major news organizations including Reuters and The New York Times. The draft is scheduled to go through one more round of revisions at a meeting with both diplomats and scientists later this year. Typically, this changes the wording of passages but not the basic conclusions of the scientists who wrote the draft.

For those who have followed scientific results in the years since the previous report was released, the new report won't be much of a surprise. As the Times emphasizes, our confidence in humanity's influence on the recent warming has only increased. In the report's terms, it jumps from a 90 percent confidence to 95 percent. In addition, further studies of the behavior of the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets, along with reconstruction of past sea levels, has led to a better understanding of the expected future sea level rise. The new report will suggest that the end of the century will see ocean levels 30-80cm (one to three feet) higher than at present.
Draft IPCC report has increased confidence in human influence on climate | Ars Technica

Even though they are at a complete loss as to how to explain the 17 year pause in temprature increase in spite of steadily growing atmospheric CO2.

You don't see a problem with such a claim of confidence?

Even though they are at a complete loss as to how to explain the 17 year pause in temprature increase in spite of steadily growing atmospheric CO2.

You don't see a problem with such a claim of confidence?

I'm not surprised. It'sthe same kinof thing an experienced boxer uses in a fight. No matter how hurt you may be, keep fighting and do not aknowledge you're nose is gone...

They are ike the boxer who was out on his feet 10 seconds ago and suddenly can't believe the fight was stopped...

People like Hansen say it's aerosols from China and the developing world. He says aerosols caused the slight cooling in the 1960s-1970s before we really clean up our act.

People like Hansen also got caught tampering with the temperature record. You believe people like hsnsen?

People like Hansen say it's aerosols from China and the developing world. He says aerosols caused the slight cooling in the 1960s-1970s before we really clean up our act.

People like Hansen also got caught tampering with the temperature record. You believe people like hsnsen?

As opposed to people like you? Watt and company never made shit up, either, did they?

We can nuke the Middle East to kill terrorist & block out the Sun. That will cool this planet right down.

As opposed to people like you? Watt and company never made shit up, either, did they?

LOL, so your defense of the fact is to point other people may have done a similar thing? To you warmers that may be a good defense but in the real world it's a diversion, and a poor one at that...

Show me where either I or any other skeptic got caught, or were even accused of actually altering an official record of any sort.

Show me where either I or any other skeptic got caught, or were even accused of actually altering an official record of any sort.

You are your pals have repeatedly been caught make up shit. Yeah, I know, you are a denialist, so obviously you will deny it. Congratulations.

You are your pals have repeatedly been caught make up shit. Yeah, I know, you are a denialist, so obviously you will deny it. Congratulations.

Which official record has any skeptic ever been accused of, much less caught altering?

Which official record has any skeptic ever been accused of, much less caught altering?

McIntyre got caught altering GISS records in 2007. They even blocked him from acquiring the data by blocking his IP address for a while. He is such a nosy Parker, always butting in where he is not wanted.

And how many times has he been wrong? And you still believe anything he says?

Watt certainly hasn't and unlike your pathetic SS website which won't publish anything that challenges them Watt and company INVITE criticism. A huge difference from you clowns who wish to do nothing but stifle discussion.

Watt certainly hasn't and unlike your pathetic SS website which won't publish anything that challenges them Watt and company INVITE criticism. A huge difference from you clowns who wish to do nothing but stifle discussion.

Watt can't get anything published because he doesn't write anything publishable.

McIntyre got caught altering GISS records in 2007. They even blocked him from acquiring the data by blocking his IP address for a while. He is such a nosy Parker, always butting in where he is not wanted.

Wasn't it in 2007 when McIntyre forced GISS to acknowledge that it's claims of "warmest year ever" weren't true and he caught them adding 0.15C to the record since 2000? I belive he caught GISS altering the record, not caught altering it himself.

He got blocked for writing a script that asked the GISS system to produce graphs of each and every station in the data set which tied up the system...not for altering, or attempting to alter the data itself. He was reinstated and allowed to continue to run the script if he did it late at night or on weekends.

Last edited:

When has Watts ever _not_ lied about the data? That's the Watts specialty, being a flagrantly dishonest POS. And most denialists adore him. Birds of a feather, I guess.

In contrast, none of the mainstream scientists have fudged data. That's one of the many reasons why they have such worldwide credibility. Meanwhile, the routine fudging by the denialists is one of the many reasons why no one gives them the time of day.

Yes, this will make the True Believers rage. They actually believe the nutball stories about how scientists fake all the data. It's what their cult tells them is true, and being obedient cultists, they refuse to get any info from outside the cult bubble. Hence, they have no idea of what goes on in the real world, or why everyone is laughing at them.

Watt can't get anything published because he doesn't write anything publishable.

I don't know.....Hitler seems to think he got something published!:lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYup_vNcoEs]Hitler's Reaction to the Watts Study - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back