Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

No....you have to look at racist LBJ vs. Politician LBJ who wanted to get elected and for his political party to have power so he had to accept that blacks were going to be able to vote...considering he voted against every Civil Rights and the anti-lynching laws until the very lasts one....

A racist LBJ could have easily squashed the legislation or watered it down
Instead he twisted arms and made deals to get it passed

LBJ voted against Civil Rights when he was a Senator from Texas……his constituents demanded it

A racist LBJ could have easily squashed the legislation or watered it down
Instead he twisted arms and made deals to get it passed

LBJ voted against Civil Rights when he was a Senator from Texas……his constituents demanded it

He did that to all of the other ones.....the last ones he knew he had to support if democrats wanted any of the black vote.....

He voted against the Civil Rights and anti-lynching laws because he was a racist and suspected member of the klan.

Again....it was Right Wing, religious, conservative republicans who fought for the Civil Rights movement....after freeing blacks from the slavery of the democrat party....

The democrat party fought the Civil Rights movement, and a democrat murdered MLK...
His racism has him tone deaf

Those Democrats were Conservatives....fact.

And the Right Wing, religious, Conservative Republicans created the abolitionist movement and fought to end slavery.....

Republicans wanted to conserve the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, the democrats wanted to conserve slavery.

He did that to all of the other ones.....the last ones he knew he had to support if democrats wanted any of the black vote.....

He voted against the Civil Rights and anti-lynching laws because he was a racist and suspected member of the klan.
NIce try Skippy

A Racist LBJ as President could have easily sidelined the Civil Rights and Voting Rights act, he would not appoint Civil Rights Attorney Thorgood Marshal to the Supreme Court.

NIce try Skippy

A Racist LBJ as President could have easily sidelined the Civil Rights and Voting Rights act, he would not appoint Civil Rights Attorney Thorgood Marshal to the Supreme Court.

He cared more about his party having power than being a racist...but he was a racist to his core....

You have to look at the difference between Senator LBJ who represented the views of Texas and President LBJ who was looking out for the US
Ok. How do you explain Kennedy as a Senator from Massachusetts in 1957 not supporting Civil Rights legislation? He was voting along with the guys from the South. In all, it was under Democrats that kept civil rights legislation at bay until they figured out how it could benefit them.

Ok. How do you explain Kennedy as a Senator from Massachusetts in 1957 not supporting Civil Rights legislation? He was voting along with the guys from the South. In all, it was under Democrats that kept civil rights legislation at bay until they figured out how it could benefit them.
From what I heard, JFK made a political deal to vote No.
While JFK talked the talk on Civil Rights, he never followed through. Especially as President

He cared more about his party having power than being a racist...but he was a racist to his core....

Democrats controlled the south until that vote.
Like LBJ said, we will lose them forever

LBJ had the best Civil Rights record after Lincoln

Sorry bout that,

1. I think if MLK was still alive he would commit suicide, if he saw what direction the black community has taken.
2. Martin Luther King was the GREATEST American of the 20th Century, PERIOD.
3. But the culture of black folks has denigrated so very badly, stupid music, stupid cloths, pants sagging down, spandex, willing to stand out in the cold at shoe stores for days and nights for a pair of stupid shoes from a basketball player, Micheal Jordon, teenage pregnancies, multiple fathers to litters of children drawing welfare checks, pointless killings, prisons chucked full of the black men, many blacks falling for islam, his heart would break.
4. These truths are self evident, and the black race has not gone forward, but have gone backwards as a culture.
5. The black people of the 1960's were far more moral, respectable, and had much more going for them, don't shoot me I am only the messenger.
6. I loved Martin Luther King, and I grew up listening to him, I was ten years of age, there abouts, when he was struck down.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Please stop being white making these kinds of comments about blacks. Because you are completely wrong.

If not for MLK, this country would resemble South Africa before Mandela.
It basically did, with blacks being officially considered sub human and second class citizens

With MLK, it became
We will not tolerate it any more

King was a communist who cheated on his wife frequently. He was a tremendous advocate for Negro self-sufficiency and a color blind society.
So we honor his memory by not working,not going to school etc.
Whatever King had to say was leached out by his alcoholism, whoring, plagiarism, and ultimately embezzling from his church to fund his partying lifestyle.

Forum List

Back